Made a spatula!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
I made a spatula!

Ok so its not that exciting, but i am a bit of a novice so im quite proud of it. I made it out of hornbeam which i've decided is not an easy wood to work with at all (peter t warned me but im my own worst enemy), using nothing but my victorinox and some sandpaper. still need to oil it, im planning on using walnut oil.

Before:
DSC00135.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

After:
DSC00151.jpg

DSC00152.jpg

TJ

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Nice job and with just a SAK too. If you get into it a frosts 106 will make carving much easier.

I haven't worked hornbeam for quite a few years but remember it as pretty hard. I don;t remember the medullary rays showing as prominently, looks just like beech.

bramble

Mar 4, 2008
Shropshire
Good work, my first effort turned out to be a bit of spoon and spatula combined, so was created ... a... "spoontula" and its a really handy tool in the kitchen.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Good stuff. I use mine all the time in the kitchen, saves the non stick pans and usefull for many tasks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE