Made a silly, amateur mistake today.

Trig

Nomad
Jun 1, 2013
Scotland
Good review for Mora also. Lethally sharp out of the packet.

To be fair, the amount of times ive known im gonna hurt myself with hammer etc and then bash my finger is fairly high. Always gotta get that last hit in before changing positions. Hopefully its not just me that does that :rolleyes:

Caerleon

Feb 9, 2015
West Mid's
Last year I was working at my desk (from home) chairing a conference call with circa 20 managers from around the globe, I was also sharing my screen using a powerpoint slide deck. 20 minutes into a 40 minute presentation I picked up a knife laying on the desk. Completely subconsciously whilst in the flow of the presentation I was cleaning my finger nails with the tip of this rather sharp knife. Slipped and sliced into a finger, blood all over the desk/keyboard and still tried to carry on with the presentation trying hard not to show any problems during the call. Felt a grade one plank for weeks!

promazine

Aug 8, 2015
United Kingdom
I'm almost too embarrassed to admit to this - and fully deserve any stick for what's about to come my way...

I once - intentionally - stabbed myself in the leg with an 8" Bowie.
Story goes, a pal of mine had managed to get hold of the cool gel/play doh type stuff that gets laminated in glass to make it bullet proof.
We had done all the usual stuff with it (including throwing it at each other - was like goo in the air, but was like steel when it made contact ;) ) anyway - a bit of googling to see what it was made of brought up other info about it being stab proof. With that information fresh in our heads, I spread it out on the top of my thigh and went for it. I went for it pretty hard too - on the basis of it changing its "hardness" relative to the power of impact. Harder the strike, harder it got.

Basically it did exactly what it was supposed to - it went hard - just like a thin piece of glass, and split in two right at the point of impact. It slowed the Bowie down, but not enough to stop it travelling a couple of inches into the top of my leg.

Pretty stupid eh?!

Topped it all off by being a real man and using superglue to close the wound, then glued the hole in my jeans up the same way. Had a nasty bruise and it felt like I had a dead leg for a week or two - but been fine ever since :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Lesson:

It's fine to lock a conventionally proportioned drill bit in place within the chuck of a cordless driver buy grasping said chuck while supporting the bit until it tightens. Do the same thing with a counter bore bit and you'll provide plenty of enjoyment for a 13-year old keen to put into practice that learnt at her weekly St. Johns Ambulance classes.

K

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE