Mad Idea.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Interesting K.. Sort of JMJ mashed up with Camel.
QUOTE]

It was the first thing that came into my head when seeing your picture. More to do with the album title and cover art than musical content I suspect.

Camel have been sampled rather a lot if my so-called "Chill Out" compilations are anything to go by.

K

Last edited:

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Magical! What an atmosphere!

By the way, you are not mad...You are an artist :) Though sometimes it can be difficult to separate those two ;)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Castlerigg-Light-Painting.jpg

This is the shot that I originally planned to take.

It's still interesting I think but I don't quite like it as much as the "Circle of Fire" shot.

Last edited:

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
The Circle of Fire has it by some margin to my eye as it doesn't look photoshoped and you get a sense of the work that's gone into capturing the image whereas the above .................

K

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I quite like the look of the light painting but, for me, I think it might have worked better just a portion of the colour spectrum had been used instead of the whole thing. Violet through orange, say, or shades of green.

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Now you've put them together it would be interesting to see the first with the sky from the second.

Both pictures are the basis for album cover artwork albeit from purveyors of a very particular style of music.

K

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I agree with you Ian, I'm preparing such files for future outings right now.

The angles of view between the shots is completely different. One taken with a 14mm the other a 12mm lens.

Doesn't sound much but swapping the skies, although possible, would produce an image that lacked integrity.

It's the sort of mistake that is a real giveaway to anyone that knows what they are looking at.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE