MacGyver it.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Reverend Graham

Life Member
Jul 2, 2012
Grimsby
Talking to some 20 something year olds the other day about Bushcrafting, and said, " Some times you just have to MacGyver it ", blank stares, I felt OLD having to explain who he was :)

Rev G

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
iFixIt were selling these...

macgyver-kit.jpg

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Ho dear, although for quite awhile I have no longer been the youngest person in our office :( and my kids are beginning to out run me - on short distances, give me a bit of length and l'll catch the buggers up, but it won't be long :(

Did you try "the guy that was in Stargate" - it being more recent [90's ish] they may have recognised it? - I have recently be watching some of them again.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I am 36 and don't remember him from when I was kid, but after Mythbusters did an episode on his antics I had to get them, glad I did great stuff :)

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
or maybe you forgot to say hashtag first

Same context we had some youths camping with us a while back and one of the young ladies said to me i was funny, i obviously replied with the Goodfellas quote of "What do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What?" to which she took offense thinking i was being shirty and when her face dropped and she looked upset i realised the age gap and needed to explain about Goodfellas

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Must say Rev that though we're about the same age I never saw the show as we were sans telly in our household. But I know who he was through talking to folk. I got the same response when saying that something was a bit "Heath-Robertson"
640px-Heath_Robinson_WWI.png

There was absolutely no context there for them. Luckily they were able to Google him and got pretty engrossed in his drawings.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
kindred nutters for sure, you gotta love a bit of Heath Robinson.

I always wanted to make a HR Multi movement tabby cat silencer

heath-robinson-multi-movement-tabby-cat-silencer.-operated-from-bedroom-1935-174033-p.jpg

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
That was great, i loved both shows at some point way back when, which 80's kid didn't want to grow up to be half Macgyver and half Stringfellow Hawke playing their chello whilst eagles soared above

[video=youtube;3j6yFzahh5Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j6yFzahh5Q[/video]

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Nobody let him forget his MacGuyver days :lmao:

[video=youtube;tRkexJ-MBCQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRkexJ-MBCQ[/video]

LOL. And they actually left a quite similar line in the episode that aired, "Well just MaGuyver it." or something like.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I think O'Neil did refer to McGyver'ing something himself on Stargate in one episode :)

McGyver and the A-Team have a lot to answer for. Just ask my parents where the ideas came from that caused so many hole around the house and garden! :D

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Airwolf was fantastic. I still can't watch any TV show that has the 'valley of the gods' in it without expecting to see Airwolf popping out of the top of one.....even the latest Ray Mears Wild West program lol

and i did have a bit of a boyhood crush on Caitlain

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE