Mac in a sac?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I have something similar, a super thin waterproof hooded jacket in one pouch and rain-pants in another pouch - which I keep in my truck or carry when out. Mine are cheap Walmart stuff. They work great for casual use, but obviously would soon fall apart if used for real work.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I had one exactly like that about 3 years and 2 stone ago. Actually not bad for an emergency but will indeed fall to bits of you expect too much of it

BigX

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2014
England
Had the Mac in a Sac over trousers. They claimed 'breathable' but were so sweaty it was hard to tell if they were actually even waterproof! Ye gets what ye pays for...

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
Had a Mac in a Sac jacket - ok for light work and moderate /heavy showers. Not intended to be used in prolonged rain. They are ok for light duties.

Honest Outrage

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2015
Midlands
I have a cheap pack-a-mac. I like it just because it is small and light enough not to even notice, and it works ok at keeping most of the rain off in a shower. Certainly couldn't be used as a your main waterproof though!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE