Luxury items.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I've been watching the latest tags on you tube. It's what are your three luxury items out in the woods. So I wandered what you consider your best luxury items when you are out for a camp out.
Mine would be
A pillow
BIG bar of chocolate
A chair.

Reactions: Aljotartan

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I have a roomy tent with a floor and a rain fly.
= = = =
I want an airbed.
I need a real chair for my boney old backside.
I need my Coleman naptha stoves.
= = ==
4th would be my Coleman naptha lantern.
I'd trade that for 100% effective and automatic bear repellant so I could keep food in camp.

Reactions: Woody girl
Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I have a roomy tent with a floor and a rain fly.
= = = =
I want an airbed.
I need a real chair for my boney old backside.
I need my Coleman naptha stoves.
= = ==
4th would be my Coleman naptha lantern.
I'd trade that for 100% effective and automatic bear repellant so I could keep food in camp.
Surely a fronteer stove comes in above a coleman naptha ?

Mine ARE Headphones, camp shoes, battery for phone.if im allowed the battery I may take a water filter.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Colemans start in any weather. Butane/propane sputter. Summers here are wet.
At -40C, we use naptha/gasoline to start the charcoal BBQ, viscous like diesel.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
You mean - your wife?
Good God Man, the title said luxury don't you know. A fine Filly and all that, don't you know, but not some thing one would bring to the field.

( Not true in the slightest of course. She was pure top drawer.)

Reactions: Janne

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
One of those Exped down mattress/airbed things, top quality coffee and, after that, I'm racked by indecision: it's either a really good 70% cocoa solids chocolate, a comfortable chair or a bottle of Butcombe Goram ale.

I'll have to try each one and work out which really ticks the box...

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
My three luxury items are relatively simple:

1) A servant to carry my rucksack, pitch camp, prepare my firewood and take 'instagram-tastic' action photographs of me looking all Bushcrafty and modelling the latest kit and caboodle!
2) Chaise Lounge - obviously!
3) Hair product - to ensure I am looking my best for the instagram photos, nothing worse than a bad hair day!!

..........Only joking.....I wouldn't even dream of taking hair product as a luxury item, I'd obviously use the natural saponins released from a Chestnut leaf!!:)

My actual three luxury items are thus:

1) A crafty ale to enjoy after dinner (typically a Brewdog beer as I'm a bit of a fan-boy)
2) A hip flask containing a nice Scotch (current favourites are Jura or Shackleton)
3) A bar of dark chocolate (Aldi do some nice choccy)

Reactions: Woody girl

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
I gladly pay the weight penalty for:
Sea to Summit inflatable pillow - invaluable in the hammock, on the ground, napping in the car.
Primus gravity gas stove - Hot food quickly and reliably. I'm so done with petrol, trangias and stick stoves.
Extra large tarp (3m x 3.6m) - Need all the living space, even when hiking solo.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE