Lure Fishing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Bummer, just to keep you interested here is the last lure caught fish i had

john2010.jpg

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
http://www.thepikeshop.co.uk/images/thumbs\Sherbet Minidawg.JPG

Sherbet coloured spring dawg, its just a rubber curl tail lure with the weight built in. To be honest for you I wouldnt recomend them, its not a great lure, it just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Simple grubtail and jig head is just as effective.

I had it on my sandwiches for lunch that week it was great, steamed and then put in the blender with prawn flavoured sandwich spread ;)

hurplegrappers

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2010
R.C.T. South Wales
I'm an avid fisherman and partake in most types and all their many methods. Carp, Pike & Zander, Sea etc but my most favourite is lure fishing with a Mepps / Vibrax spinner on my hallowed turf 2 minute's walk from my house Trout fishing 'The River Taff'.

I can walk upstream for miles at a time most of it in the river itself and when I have to get out the water due to an obstacle I'm back in the river asap, kicking though brambles and scream running down dirty embankments. No waders just a pair of old rolled up combats, some battered trainers and a light gor-tex jacket with all my bits and bobs in in case it rains which to me is even more fun.

It can be mesmerising.... Trance like. You begin to think like a fish and figure out the most likely places they laying up. Under overhangs, fallen trees, slack water behind rocks and boulders. With years of practice I can easily place a spinner into a narrow run and reel down passed some rocks 30 to 40 meters away. I kinda read the river so to speak.

I sometimes go with a close like-minded friend and we have a right laugh huckleberry-finning it for hours and hours but I mainly go alone. The solitude is most therapeutic.

I'm an advocate of catch & release. To me putting a fish back is just as much enjoyable as catching it. Very rarely I keep a fish, only when camping out.

The surrounding wildlife is amazing, I sometimes see Kingfishers, Cranes and the odd Otter family from time to time. I cannot recommend it enough. Season starts in March and I'm itching to renew my licence and get down there again, it's a truly magical place.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE