Lundhags boot availability, is it seasonal?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I've noticed that all the cold weather boots (Husky, Polar etc) have been dropped from the Lundhags website. Have they been dropped from the range or are they only made for the winter season?

JimmyT

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2008
Relocated to Sweden
It's a seasonal thing - I'm sure they'll be back on their website come next winter.

I have several pairs of Lundhags and wouldn't really recommend their winter-type boots anyway. What they are best at is the old-fashioned shell-type boot that one can wear with extra socks.
I have an old model called 'Forester' which is most like the 'Scout' in their current range. With the right socks I was OK down to -10C on a day hike. Anything colder I have other boots for.
I also have a pair of 'Siberia' which have thinsulate lining, but don't like them anywhere near as much.

*By the way, Husky Ski is only for skiing - they're not good to walk in.

Feb 5, 2011
essex
just bought a pair of Lunhags Quest from forstsports.de (german Website/company who were excellent to deal with, well recommended, cost me £300 / Euro 350) and they are excellent, obviously haven't tried them in the winter weather yet, but god they are warm so i'd expect them to be ok in our minus 10-18 degrees C UK winters........ I bought a size 45, my feet from front to back are 265mm and they fit perfect, even with their 'Sockpack Extreme' socks, which are a 2 pair layer system, one thin base sock, and an outer thick sock as advised on the Lundhags website. Not cheap at about £30 but proper qualitayyy. They even come with left and right markings on them!!! to fit perfectly which they do, and even come in single sizes ie 45/46/47 etc.....I'll post a review when the snow starts falling and i take the boots and my PHD Omega down jacket etc on a trip to the freezer regions ( http://www.phdesigns.co.uk/)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE