Lunch At The Office...PIC HVY...(and probably not what you're thinking)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Today I really needed to get some work done...get my notes arranged into some semblance of order. Being the father of a teenage daughter, a four year old daughter, and a wife who can engage me in more conversation in two hours than most people can in two weeks....I needed a more quiet office to work in. So...I decided to go for more of an open office approach.

The drive to work was nice...

IMG_5017.jpg

IMG_5018.jpg

pedestrian traffic was very light for a Sunday.

IMG_5033.jpg

IMG_5030.jpg

Had no trouble finding a parking space.

IMG_5039.jpg

Walking through the halls was a pleasant experience.

IMG_5006.jpg

IMG_5009.jpg

IMG_5015.jpg

The floral print wallpaper is nice.

IMG_5005.jpg

IMG_5014.jpg

IMG_5037.jpg

and the potted plants were nice.

IMG_5042.jpg

IMG_4996.jpg

The desk chair isn't as comfortable as I'd like, but the trade off for the view is worth it.

IMG_5020.jpg

After I got part of my work done, it was time for lunch....so off to the kitchen I go....

First I had to get the stove going....

IMG_4935.jpg

IMG_4944.jpg

IMG_4949.jpg

IMG_4950.jpg

Then to the fridge to see what my choices were. I chose some Polish Sausage, fried with some fresh garlic in a little extra virgin olive oil, a chunk of sharp cheddar cheese, and a big hunk of sun-dried tomato and basil French bread....and some sweet tea.

IMG_4951.jpg

IMG_4953.jpg

IMG_4989.jpg

IMG_4992.jpg

I had company drop in to chat while I ate. They tried really hard to talk me out of my tea.

IMG_4971.jpg

IMG_4974.jpg

IMG_4976.jpg

After lunch it was time for a walk...get some fresh air, and think a little. The wallpaper in hallway leading out back has a nice fruit and nut motif...

IMG_4909.jpg

IMG_4915.jpg

IMG_4919.jpg

IMG_5040.jpg

IMG_5041.jpg

Out back I took a walk around the water garden, it was nice and peaceful out there.

IMG_4910.jpg

IMG_4925.jpg

After a peaceful stroll to walk off my lunch it was back to work for me....and then that long drive home. Working on Sunday can sure be rough, but I guess some body's gotta do it....so it might as well be me....right?

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
I have to ask - what was your job again and do you hire :D

Thanks for sharing, it cheered up my morning!

Mike

"Now I'm jealous - your office is far nicer than mine"

Simon

Thanks Simon, not too shabby eh? And the rents not bad either....but... it's a twenty minute commute though.

"I have to ask - what was your job again and do you hire

Thanks for sharing, it cheered up my morning!"

Mike

Thanks mike, well, I have more than one job...today I had my writer's hat on.
I'm glad you liked it

Thanks sandbender, I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Nice post MW, all i see is a carpark out the back of the building where i work and a dual carriageway and railway line out the front and also the M6 motorway. We do get to see the planes coming and going from the airport which is close by. Biggest we got is the Arab Emirates plane, apparently. lol.:D
Oh and theres some young silver birch but too young for any decent bark but there are several paper bark birch on the road island which i intend having a look at when the traffic volume has died down a bit.:D

N

nordboen

really great - cheered me up!

I'm working at my bachelor thesis and got some more exams to do, feels like I am chained to my desk (and guess what! Its location is not as nice as the one you shared with us)

This is definitelyr not the nicesest summer I witness...

Looking forward to September - Studies are over then!

Mistwalker, thanks for sharing!

regards,

nordboen

Thanks all, glad you liked the post. In looking around while I was working yesterday the idea hit me and I just couldn't resist.

Honestly... the toilet facilities aren't exactly the greatest, and the roof over my desk leaks when it rains but I really like the views out the windows and at the prices and current economy it's the best I can afford at the moment :D

Great pics as usual ! Always interesting to see the plants you have that we don't have or rarely see up here and you're only 550-575 miles south of me.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the pictures!

I just returned from a trip to western Illinois. I saw a lot of plants I have never gotten to see in person. The difference 600 miles north or south can make is amazing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE