Lowa Mountain Boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

adbirdy

Oct 12, 2005
West Midlands
Just seen that these are now available in brown! Does anyone have particular experience with these boots especially with regard to how long they last and sizing etc ie are they true to size or do I need to go up a size , if not going for the wide version which doesnt appear to be available in brown :(

Thanks for any help

Ade

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
I've had my Lowa combat boots (slightly taller than the mountain boots otherwise the same) for 11 years now. Last year they needed to be resoled but otherwise still perform like new.
They are built to last, mine have seen some pretty hard use.
Size wise, go for your normal size. Mine were a bit tight at first but soon loosened up to fit perfectly.

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
I found them to be a half a size bigger than what I'd usually take, but they do half sizes.

Personally, I'd never take another Lowa boot ever again. I had two sets of the mountain boot fail on me, both within a month of purchase. (The rubber rand came away from the leather).

HUGE thumbs up to RvOps for the speedy service in getting them changed once, then twice and then a refund. I've nothing but praise for RvOps :)

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I've been using Lowa boots for the past 20 years ( 4 pairs), they fit me better than any other boot. I buy my usual shoe size, I don't find the need to go a size larger and I don't need the wide version despite having flippers for feet. Try before you buy.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Bought a pair of Lowa Renegade when my last pair of boots wore out. Only done 3 or 4 serious weekends in them so far but they seem comfy and durable.

CallsignSam

Nomad
Jun 13, 2013
Kent
I have only had my lowas for about 4-5 months now so cannot comment on their longevity, however I can't fault them in any way.
I've been wearing them at least twice a week since I got them and they are the most comfortable footwear I have ever owned.

garethw

Settler
I belive their site or the seller I got them from recommended me to get a half size up from my usual, and that are a snug fit, but as previous poster says they loosen a bit, but mine would definitely have been too small in my regular size. They have a chart on their site which also gives the size in millimetres, Germman thing I believe instead of Euro sizing. I measured my foot and added a bit to get the size, which was a half size up...
Had the Combat version now for a couple of years and have been a brilliant boots. From all the reports from military and other forum members and my own experience I can only think Beaufighter was extremely unlucky to get dud boots...
To add I too find them among the most comfortable boots I've ever owned.
cheers
Gareth

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
I have been using my Lowa GTX mountain boots for stalking and outdoors in the most extreme weather for 7+ years, and i was advised when purchasing to go up at least half a size, but a lot, of course will depend on the type and thickness of socks that you wear with them.
As for the boots themselves, i am very satisfied, they have served me well and kept my feet warm and dry.
They are a firm boot from new, and seem to stay that way, but with no discomfort, and little or no wearing in period.
The only downside i can report, is that the soles (Vibram i think) can tend to be a bit slippy and unsafe on mossy and/or wet rock and care
must be taken, as i know to my cost, when transporting a £2.5K stalking rifle and optics :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE