lowa boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
tenbears10 said:
Faca you need to try them in a shop before ordreing online unless the shop will do full refunds but you still lose out on postage.Bill

Definately agree with Bill here...not only are everyone's feet different, your feet are also slightly different to each other (this is the same with everyone to a greater or lesser extent) so if you measure your left and order the size to fit that you may find your right foot is a tad bigger and the boot too tight...much better to try them on first in the shop.....

If you still want the online discount you could try this....depending on how bad they want to sell a pair of £100+ boots...

Find them online in this country (or abroad if you can get away with it...harder to argue at the shop though), print the page off to show the price clearly, fold it up and pop it in your pocket,then tootle off to the shops. Go in, get a shop worker to help you try them on...talk about how much you want them, walk up and down making all the right noises that you are going to buy there and then but never actually saying it and then right at the last minute say something along the lines of "That's great, you've been really helpful, thank you very much... Pity I'll have to wait a week or so for them to arrive". The assistant will no doubt be keen to tell you that they have them in stock and at that time you play your ace! Whip out the printer page with the cheaper price on and say that you're very greatful for their help but you're going to actually buy them online as they are X ammount cheaper....pause a while and then enquire along the lines of "Hey....I've had an idea...if you can discount to the same price I'll buy them here and now"....then see what happens... :eek:):

Won't always work and it could be claimed that it's a bit sneaky but hey...that's the way of the commercial world....

I got our new fridgefreezer this way and saved myself the best part of £200 (it's one of those massive american style ones).... I figured they could afford it and still make money or they wouldn't do it....

Hope that help... :p

ranger

Forager
Nov 3, 2003
South East
If it’s of any use Peglers in Arundel (Peglers Below the Knee – for the boot shop) are very good. I think they have the largest range of boots in the country. I know they used to let you pay a bit extra if you felt uncertain about a boots size in order that you could keep it/try it, for a decent period at home. As long as the boots hadn’t been worn outside, you could still return them. Their number is: 01903 883375.

ranger

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
I believe that walk-in shops have more overheads, so things will be more expensive.
Most things that I like can't be bought in a shop in Jersey (wow..I must be some kind of weirdo), but if they can I generally examine them in the shop, try them on, then order online, without rubbing their nose in it. :wink:

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
steven andrews said:
I believe that walk-in shops have more overheads, so things will be more expensive.
Most things that I like can't be bought in a shop in Jersey (wow..I must be some kind of weirdo), but if they can I generally examine them in the shop, try them on, then order online, without rubbing their nose in it. :wink:

You're more than likely right but hey they do all make a decent profit out of you and if you can get the price down then why not.... they don't have to sell it at that price if they dn't want to but I look at it rather that you are offering them a chance at a sale that they otherwise wouldn't get as you're buying online... Anyway, I'm not argueing with you Steve...if I remember rightly you have rather a lot of handguns in your collection!!! lol :nana:

Where in Jersey are you? I lived in Portlet Bay for a couple of summers in the late 90's... top place to be in the summer! Yo're right about the outdoor shops though...there's plenty of surf shops but not real outdoor shops I can remember....maybe "Earth, Wind and Sea" in St.Helier....

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
Actually I've only got two handguns.. but rifles is a different matter..
Portlet is beautiful, but I'm more of a Beauport boy!
beauport28fg.jpg

The holiday village at Portlet is now derelict..we (the fire service) have been using it for training. I think its going to become luxury flats. Rare.

We have one good outdoor shop "Trek Plus" and the prices there are quite good as they take off the VAT, unlike many Jersey shops.

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Isn't that Pic of St.Brelade? Yes, I loved it at Portlet.... I worked at the holiday village teaching rock climbing, snorkelling, mountain biking and archery to the hotel guests.....worked out well actually as most of the guests staying there were OAP's and obviously weren't into climbing etc....so me and my other two assistant instructors spent most of our time playing and having fun snorkelling in Portlet bay, climbing all around St. Brelades Bay, surfing over on St.Ouens bay or up at a Mate of mines Farm in St.Martin.... definately very very happy times for me!
Then down to "The Venue" on a Saturday night! lol :eek:):

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
bambodoggy said:
Then down to "The Venue" on a Saturday night! lol :eek:):

From 95 to about 98 I used to live in the Venue!! I loved that place.
The Northern Exposure Tour with Sasha and John Digweed.. :hug:

Sorry to hijack the thread ....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE