Low Fat Scotch Eggs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
In fairness, my wasting away may be abated by the five cottage pies I will bake tomorrow mate - but I do pine when BB is away.....

all together

"Aint no sunshine any morrrreeee" :)

Earthgirl

Forager
Nov 7, 2012
Wales
Just cooling now mate ....just need to work out where to put the stamp :)

Cottage Pies by British Red, on Flickr

You've outdone yourself again, there's 6 in that pic and you said there would be 5.... :p

They look seriously scrummy :D

So where is the stamp going... ;)

And did you put in the extra layer for root veg lovers ? Mashed swede underneath the potato and cheese :p makes all the difference... lol...

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You've outdone yourself again, there's 6 in that pic and you said there would be 5.... :p

And did you put in the extra layer for root veg lovers ? Mashed swede underneath the potato and cheese :p makes all the difference... lol...

Went a bit mad with the onions (got hundreds to use) so it stretched to six with left over mash to be had as part of breakfast fried up :)

No swede (bit early for them here), but there is farmhouse cheese on the mash which will crisp right up on the second bake in the Esse ;)

Earthgirl

Forager
Nov 7, 2012
Wales
LOL. I wish. But TBH I rarely make cole slaw. However I can definitely taste the difference.

I refuse to buy it any more... lol... far cheaper to make it.

A food processor with the chop, grate option makes it in under 5mins, ok add 5 mins for making the mayo and for an additional kick 1/2 tsp of horseradish gives it a real lift.

Put it in an airtight 'tupperware' type container in the fridge and it easily keeps for over week and tastes better for it :D coarse grate the onion though otherwise it just doesn't taste right... lol...

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I refuse to buy it any more... lol... far cheaper to make it.

A food processor with the chop, grate option makes it in under 5mins, ok add 5 mins for making the mayo and for an additional kick 1/2 tsp of horseradish gives it a real lift.

Put it in an airtight 'tupperware' type container in the fridge and it easily keeps for over week and tastes better for it :D coarse grate the onion though otherwise it just doesn't taste right... lol...

All very true. But I also eat out a good bit. And cole slaw is a common accompaniment to fried seafood here along the Gulf.

Earthgirl

Forager
Nov 7, 2012
Wales
Went a bit mad with the onions (got hundreds to use) so it stretched to six with left over mash to be had as part of breakfast fried up :)

No swede (bit early for them here), but there is farmhouse cheese on the mash which will crisp right up on the second bake in the Esse ;)

So how much are onions to post if you've got such an excess :D:p

I love onions :D

Earthgirl

Forager
Nov 7, 2012
Wales
All very true. But I also eat out a good bit. And cole slaw is a common accompaniment to fried seafood here along the Gulf.

As long as it's good, You lucky boy :D

My other half's main complaint is that I don't want to go out to eat much because I'm always saying "I could do better than this" lol...

Not that I'm fussy... :p... lol...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE