Low Fat Scotch Eggs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Earthgirl

Forager
Nov 7, 2012
Wales
Nope, my cholesterol is checked regularly and is very good, lard and beef dripping is fantastic to cook with just don't do it everyday.

Oh, its OK to use butter these days, turns out you don't drop dead after eating a round of buttered toast :D

I use butter every day :D and nothing else :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Off topic but anyone worried about oils and cooking for health, try coconut oil, the body doesn't store it! Just burns it off! Maybe an idea BR, a small coconut plantation next to the field beans :)

I suspect they would go the way of the olive trees....which don't seem to like -15C :(

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I got a pot grown one to fruit in Hampshire - they don't seem to overwinter outdoors in Lincs though :(

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Meant to add - there are two commercial olive farms maturing in the UK now !

Sorry for the thread hijack Earthgirl - back to those lovely scotch eggs - and my wife is away so I'm wasting away :(

Earthgirl

Forager
Nov 7, 2012
Wales
Olives don't like our humidity, (even on a dry day in our country put a tied up bag of cardboard and paper recycling out in the sun and give it an hour... and watch the condensation form in the bag... )they like a dry heat and don't actually mind cold nights as long as the soil is well drained. :) as BR said they don't like -15 but will be ok down to -5 to -10. All the new growth will be 'burnt' off but the main tree will be ok as long as the soil is very well drained :)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No chap - one in Kent, one in Devon

490x358xolives.jpg.pagespeed.ic.4EkI08JRsl.jpg

I'm not big on the egg bit - can I have stuffing balls in mine please?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE