Lost My Ridgeline!!

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
I was doing a last minute kitcheck last night and the cordage i usually use for my ridgeline has vanished!

Had the house to peices and the only thing i can think is that i hanked it and then LEFT it at the last camp i was on in march.

I Use some fairly sturdy stuff that was given to me by a member on here think it was Southey but not sure.

I obviously want to replace it but am unsure what to get from where?

Like i said it was pretty heavy duty stuff and i thought it was cargo paracord although when ive looked at this on Endy's it doesn't seem to be the same stuff

Any ideas guys?

Dave

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Nobody has mentioned this so far so I will.

Man-made cordage can be very damaging to wildlife. It doesn't rot like natural fibres so when it's left lying around it's going to be a hazard for a very long time.

On the one occasion (that I know of) that I left some cordage at a place where I camped, I went back to get it.

It would please me no end if you would do the same.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
I will have a look for it the next time i'm over there which shouldn't be too long hopefully

Thanks for all the offers guys it just shows how good this forum is

Thanks

Dave

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Nobody has mentioned this so far so I will.

Man-made cordage can be very damaging to wildlife. It doesn't rot like natural fibres so when it's left lying around it's going to be a hazard for a very long time.

On the one occasion (that I know of) that I left some cordage at a place where I camped, I went back to get it.

It would please me no end if you would do the same.

It's easily done, and especially annoying when out in the wilds with no possibility of replacement. Somewhere in the Rockies is a length of cord between two trees where I left it back in the 70's. Having read ged's post, I now I feel guilty as well as embarrassed. I'd williingly go back and get it if only I could remember which canyon I left it in.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
whats wrong with 550 paracord the bushcraft store pick a colour regards dave ps delivered next day

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE