Looking to join or start group near farnborough hampshire/berkshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 10, 2014
farnborough
Hi guys,

Even though I'm very computer literate I'm new to all this forum stuff so please bear with me if i seem slow and cumbersome.

I've been reading about bush craft and primitive skills now for a few years and have now realized that a small interest has become something i want to participate in my spare time with others. I have a spent a lot of time outdoors camping/fishing etc in my younger years but since becoming interested in bush craft haven't been out to practice any of the knowledge i have accumulated small as it may be. I realized this was the best place to start to contact others willing to meet up.

I'm looking for any group near to Farnborough (Hampshire, Berkshire, Surrey area) that like to practice their bushcraft skills and learn from each other. I would especially like any group that has an interest or experience in primitive skills, tracking and/or foraging as these are the areas i am most interested in but to be honest anywhere would be a good start.

I'm willing to help with transport for anyone, am quite happy in the cold and rain so any time of year is ok for me. I have some gear and am very easy going

thanks

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi Beanbox,

Hope you find that your looking for,

As for starting a group, that's a long Haul, I started the Suffolk one just over two years ago, the first meet was Three people, which I am the only one regularly still there out of the three, I have spent many hrs working to get the Suffolk Group where it is, what it is the biggest thing that a group needs and what does attract new members is a place to meet, not every one likes stealth camp, and you have to offer what people want , most join a group to learn something, I was lucky and have a group of good lads.

Good luck for the future mate, if you do start a group I wish you loads of luck, and look forward to seeing it grow :)

Feb 10, 2014
farnborough
thanks guys for the invites and good advice you've given me so far, where do the Suffolk guys meet up? and do you guys have much experience in primitive skills, tracking and foraging?

I'm not sure whether im doing this right because ive replied twice now and my posts don't seem to show up. just to add im 30 and male

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Have a look at the Suffolk threads you'll find them in the "Meets section South East England" :), a couple of our regulars are good at tracking and forgaing, and primitive skill, have a look at the things we do on the pics of the groups face book page - link on my sig :)

Feb 10, 2014
farnborough
thanks guys, I've read the Suffolk threads and will keep you guys in mind as a possibility. Was really looking for something closer but not having much luck at the mo, will let you guys know if i don't find anything nearer to me. Looks like you had a good time at your last meet and am grateful for all the help, maybe in touch soon thanks

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
I travel down to a wood near alton legitimately and we have a meet there.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE