Looking Golock....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pete E

Forager
Dec 1, 2004
North Wales
Folks,

I am looking for a golok style machete with a 12" or 13" blade for general light chopping duties such as shelter building here in the UK. Currently using an MOD survival knife, but looking for something better suited to the task...

I am leaning towards the Martindale No2 as I used one a long time ago and I very much like the design...

A couple of questions though first...From reading these forums, I see there are a couple of different versions of the No2...Is considered better than the other, and if so, why? No interested from a collectors perspective, just a as "user"...

Do Martindale use decent steel for these, ie will take and hold an edge?

Are there any other alternatives that resemble the No2 in blade shape ect, with better steel and/or perhaps a Krafton type handle??? I don't mind doing a little reshaping work if the knife is otherwise what I am looking for...

Finally somebody mentioned there is a supplier of the genuine No2 in Wrexham...would anybody care to send me the contact details please???

Before anybody suggests, I am not interested in a khukuri style knife as I don't like the blade shape and I am not struck on the various "ethnic" knives that are being imported for various reasons..

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Why don't you try the standard British army issue machete, Its strong and reliable, not to long and quite cheap to buy.

Or you could also try a Gurkha Kukri a little bit more expensive but excellent bits of kit!

Raptordog

Aug 22, 2006
swamps of Barnsley
One on E-*ay if your quick, looks like it mite need a bit of a clean up though :)

51d6_1.JPG

link.......http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NICE-BRITISH-...ryZ90695QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
I use a martindale no4 golok - nicked in when i was in the army back in the early seventies and its still going great guns. There is no problem with the steel and if you look closely you will see that the profile is tapered, probably the only machete manufactured from tapered steel. They last for years - brilliant buy

Cheers
Nick

Big Bad Stu

Nomad
Jul 18, 2006
Shropshire
I use a British Army Machete, it was cheap at £15.00 and fits into a standard bayonet frog, the blade is of good quality but needs a good sharpen from new. Also widely available as surplus equipment.

Stewey. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE