Looking for shelter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nevetsjc80

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
buckinghamshire
Any one got any idea which tarp is the one shown in the begining of the four seasons episode of Ray Mears Bushcraft? Its green and looks cotton which is what im after, also it has loops 3/4 up (if the long bottem edge is pegged down to the floor) so you have 1/4- 3/4 devide rather than 50/50apex style.( if you follow me!)

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Im not sure on RM's but a few of my mates have got Tatonka tarps which are cotton and very similar and you can get them in various sizes.

Hope that helps a bit :D

OldBaldGuy

Aug 6, 2004
California, USA
I didn't see that (or any of his) episode, but I have to wonder why one would want a cotton tarp. Thin cotton would leak like a sieve, cotton duck would be super heavy.

Campmor (campmor.com) has a waterproof tarp 10ftx10ft of "coated high count taffeta nylon" that has 21 tie tapes on it, you can tie it in a variety of positions. It weights 38 ounces, which isn't the lightest in the world, but I have had one for about 15 years, and it is still going strong. Go to their website and do a search for tarp to see it and all of their others. Not sure if they ship across the pond.

They also have several silnylon tarps that weight about half as much, but cost almost three times as much...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE