Looking for NEOS Overshoes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
They look interesting, and I hear that they are popular with the sled dog racing folks (often worn over something else, like a felt based boot). But I can't quite see why they are better than e.g. the Nokian Kaira (high top wellie with a felt inner boot). For city wear I'd like them (something like my regular blunnies iniside, and the Neos outside), but for bush wear I'd rather have the Nokians and a separate boot (e.g. a Sami winter boot or the home made mukluks). Then I'd have the water resistance of the wellies (good when crossing slushy spots), and the dry cold excellence of the more traditional boots. The Neos are a bit lighter than the Nokians, but I suspect that the Nokians are more durable.

I wore the Sami ones this past Friday when I played the Viking age storyteller once again, standing by a campfire at the Jamtli open air museum and telling what happended when Grettir Asmundarsson, called the Strong, went into Kar the olds grave. The kimono style blanket jacket and the Sami boots meant that I was snug and comfortable the whole evening (and in Östersund Sami style winter boots are perfectly plausible for 1000 AD).

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm really liking the look of the Navigators but I want to try a pair on before I buy. I emailed the UK supplier yesterday but I've not heard anything back yet.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Here are phone numbers for the UK supplier. I tried to register on the website today but it wouldn't work.
07900 893025, 07900 893024

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Just spoke to the UK supplier. She was very helpful. If anyone is interested its worth callling. No affiliation etc..

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Cheers mate I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Did you discuss prices/availability at all ?

Its run by her and her husband. Availability varies depending on which model you want and she didn't know off the top of her head what sizes they had in stock for the one I was interested in (villager). She said she would check and we agreed to talk tomorrow. Prices, I assume, are as quoted on the Uk website.
http://www.neosuk.com/products_new.php?osCsid=d9f5788ad1ebc7f414bce33afc221eb9

Dogoak

Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
I'd be interested to hear how you get on. I tried to get some from them a couple of years back but the outcome wasn't satisfactory :(

Dogoak

Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Could you elaborate?

No reply to emails or phone calls and then when I did manage to get in touch there was no availability of the models I was looking at. It was left that I would receive a call when they were in, still waiting!

Hopefully things are different now, so I hope you get sorted.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Good question. I'm tempted because they are lightweight and waterproof and could act as a barrier to mud this time of year.

BUT, I'm not sure how comfortable it would be wearing, in effect, two pairs of shoes. I asked the woman who sells them here if felt liners would be OK instead of shoes and she thought probably not because they would not be a secure enough fit.

Bottom line is I doubt I'll take the plunge but was wondering if anyone had and could shed some light on how well they work.

Dogoak

Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
yeah but they look like tramps shoes :)

Blimey Rich, you sound like my missus :)

Not exactly haute couture I know but if your'e one of the 'not bovered couldn't give a whotsit' gang they are ideal, just pop them on over your trainers and hey presto......dry and mud free footware. Extra bonus as I said before, they are CHEAP!

Anyway, off to forage in some bins now! ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE