Camp chair.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
While looking for a decent lightweight camp chair, I stumbled across this.
Not for me, but it looks interesting.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Erm, yeah, I suppose so.
Probably more of a novelty item though, if we're honest.
It looks over-engineered, over-thought out, and is just waiting to break.
Probably best for the garden.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I'll be honest, any chair described with the word 'lightweight' has never been strong enough in my experience. That swinging chair is an interesting idea but I just can't see it surviving long. Pushing down on the arms to get up is what usually tests the breaking strain :)

Also, would I stay upright in that chair after a malt or two too many?

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
Well, I'll counter the herd and say that the design is excellent. I do refer to the original Nemo Stargazer chair and not this copy so I cannot comment on its build quality.

The Nemo version is rock solid, not bent, twisted, snapped or lost parts in 3 years since I bought it in Canada. It's not as compact as the small Helinox style chairs but way more robust and best reserved for canoe or car camping...or the back garden.

The clever layback feature is very conducive to a post-book reading snooze and upright lets you gently swing in comfort. I have tested the Malt/seated interface, in the interests of science and safety, and again it's way better than the Helinox-style seats. Easier to put up and put away as well.

I will say that over here it is excessively expensive when compared to other chairs available but I presume that is because of exchange rates and import costs.

Reactions: Broch

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Well, I'll counter the herd and say that the design is excellent. I do refer to the original Nemo Stargazer chair and not this copy so I cannot comment on its build quality.

The Nemo version is rock solid, not bent, twisted, snapped or lost parts in 3 years since I bought it in Canada. It's not as compact as the small Helinox style chairs but way more robust and best reserved for canoe or car camping...or the back garden.

The clever layback feature is very conducive to a post-book reading snooze and upright lets you gently swing in comfort. I have tested the Malt/seated interface, in the interests of science and safety, and again it's way better than the Helinox-style seats. Easier to put up and put away as well.

I will say that over here it is excessively expensive when compared to other chairs available but I presume that is because of exchange rates and import costs.
If it’s a copy, and it probably is, the manufacturers have embroidered Nemo Stargaze onto the carry bag. It’s visible in the pictures. Or they’ve nicked the pictures.

The website is largely regarded as a scam site.

Last edited:
Reactions: crosslandkelly

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
If it’s a copy, and it probably is, the manufacturers have embroidered Nemo Stargaze onto the carry bag. It’s visible in the pictures. Or they’ve nicked the pictures.

The website is largely regarded as a scam site.

Yes, too cheap and permanently 1 hour left.
Definitely do not use this site.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
At 7lb I would hardly call it lightweight. There is always something new on the market.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE