Looking for a headtorch . . . .any idea's please?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Well... The Silva turned up and for the price I'm happy.
I've not had a chance to do anything other than switch the lights off in the living room so far though LoL!

(from 1'st press of button>)

Red- single LED to the right of the cluster with a fairly wide beam.
Main Beam- Multiple LED's with a wide arc of light. Wide/bright enough for scanning a fair area (its no lighthouse, but impressive for size/weight)
Lower- Enough for walking/power saving.
Lowest- Enough to read or possibly whittle or cook.
Flashing White/Emergency/Strobe.
Flashing Red/Emergency/Strobe.

Single AA battery (provided) with a headband with a part rubberized band around the inside for head grip.
I don't think it weighs much more than the battery really!

al.

Last edited:

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
Another vote for the TakTikka. mine is now 4 1/2 yrs old and is as good today.....
just flip the red filter on any of the settings.

B

Bob-A

Hi All, I got the Petzl myo XP and cannot fault it, great H/light with a high beam for short time use...covers a long distance, expensive but you only buy it once ;)

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I have a Fenix HP10...http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/fenix/fenix-hp10.html It has excellent range well over 100 meters on turbo but also has a low for close in work although I personally would like a lower low of say 2-3 lumens but rarely do I need to preserve my night vision to that extent.

The head strap gear can get uncomfortable after prolonged use but we are talking not much in the grand scheme of uncomfortable!

The use of AA batts is a good plus even though I am an official Lithium junkie.

I had a five Nichea LED head torch a while ago and while OK for close stuff was useless over 10-20 or so yards. This Fenix is easily user controlled for any circumstance.

Steve.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE