look what we found ! camp food pouches headsup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Just scoffed the fellside beef chilli from aldi. Fits in the jet boil and tasted gorrrrgeous
95feda16-2d03-1acb.jpg

Is that 1 pouch in there or 2?
I have been looking at these meals for a while but a lot of people say they are very small!!
Do you think with like a pouch of rice that we be enough for a main meal?
Cheers
Steve

Terr

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2010
Scotland
Is that 1 pouch in there or 2?
I have been looking at these meals for a while but a lot of people say they are very small!!
Do you think with like a pouch of rice that we be enough for a main meal?
Cheers
Steve

By itself it's on the small side and wouldn't fill me up but with rice or some pasta it's a proper meal. Better value and nicer than most other boil in bags.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Just the one, bit of a squeeze but you don't need more than a cup o watta to boil it in. After 5 mins it was spot on. Couple o slices of bread or a slice of cold yorky puddung an jobs a fish ;) definatly not enough for a stand alone meal, but great for keeping yer moving .

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Just noticed today that Booths supermarkets have these
at half price at the moment.That makes the cheaper meal
packs only £1.49.Northerners only though! :lmao:
Cheers , Simon

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Tewkesbury, N Gloucestershire
Just tried the LWIF meatball and the chicken tikka tonight with my boy. Got to say I enjoyed them both, the tikka was a bit spicy for the boy. Not a huge meal and could do with either a chunk of bread or a pouch of rice. Both meals were very tasty and I can safely see me getting them again. Tasty sauces and good texture to the meat. Boiled them both up and they were plenty hot, so no dramas. Compared to MOD Ration packs or the wayfarer types, pretty similar and cheaper too!

Marks out of 10, probably give it a solid 8!

Robmc

Nomad
Sep 14, 2013
St Neots Cambs
Just tried the LWIF meatball and the chicken tikka tonight with my boy. Got to say I enjoyed them both, the tikka was a bit spicy for the boy. Not a huge meal and could do with either a chunk of bread or a pouch of rice. Both meals were very tasty and I can safely see me getting them again. Tasty sauces and good texture to the meat. Boiled them both up and they were plenty hot, so no dramas. Compared to MOD Ration packs or the wayfarer types, pretty similar and cheaper too!

Marks out of 10, probably give it a solid 8!

Both of these flavours were £1.30 in my local Tesco the other day. So I bought half a dozen of each.

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Just a heads up. was in Booths in Keswick today on my way home and they have them reduced to 99p, bargain, so bought loads. only had the meatballs, chilli and chicken tikka, all out of the bolagnaise.

That's a good buy. I was up Durham today and saw some in Sainsbury's for £1.80 each. OK, not cheap, but buying two (for me and my boy) with a pouch of Uncle Ben's between us is only £4.60, compared with £8 for two pouches of the bigger Boil in the Bags like Wayfarer.

Mick721

Oct 29, 2012
Sunderland
The factory is in Consett. If you order direct you can pick them up from the factory or have them couriered out. They do great discounts. I usually order a load in for winter to take to work.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Pice used theses quite a bit especially on the three night canoe trips and I think they're great! Portions aren't too bad as I'm not a big eater anyway. They were only 99p on special the other day so we got like eight of them for any future trips so we shouldn't go short for a little while anyway :).

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
The factory is in Consett. If you order direct you can pick them up from the factory or have them couriered out. They do great discounts. I usually order a load in for winter to take to work.

That's a good idea! My mother in law lives up in Stanley and Daughter's at Durham, so could order some up and pick them up whe I go to get her.

Cheers fella!

Robmc

Nomad
Sep 14, 2013
St Neots Cambs
Just had a look on the LWWF website, and they have some great bargains at the moment. eg. Thai Green Curry - £1, Breakfast - £1.50 and a few more.

Anyhoo, I thought, I'll have some of that. But, then I noticed that if you get over 40 squids worth, you save the £6 delivery charge, and get 15% off. - Marvellous thinks I.

So, I ordered a load of different dishes and went through to checkout, then noticed they had deducted a further £13 for coupons awarded after my last purchase about 18 months ago. The result of this, is that I got 29 dishes for £23.70.

Now that I am pleased with!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE