Longbow, Selfbow or Flatbow?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
sweet will be very interested in hearing how it turns out

a bow is on the top of I need one list :D

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
All the shenanigans on this thread re-ignited my lust for an AFB.................

Silly me went on Merlins website and saw the Bearpaw stuff at almost half price................

I now have a 45lb Raven on its way to me (my mates workshop!) and likely a divorce shortly after!!

I am in soooooo much trouble

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
All the shenanigans on this thread re-ignited my lust for an AFB.................

Silly me went on Merlins website and saw the Bearpaw stuff at almost half price................

I now have a 45lb Raven on its way to me (my mates workshop!) and likely a divorce shortly after!!

I am in soooooo much trouble

Grrrr - Bearpaw stick at £180. Wish you'd not shown me that - however I'm sure I'll be happy with my Legend. Getting my arrows tomorrow from Aardvark.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Well, shot 30 odd arrows tonight and I'm no expert but this is a fine Bow, especially for the price. Smooth action, minimal handshock (none if I'm honest, not sure what this is anyway - but my hand stayed noticeably unshocked). Got some raised eyebrows and a lecture on only being able to compete with bare Bow recurves. But frankly I'm only really competing with myself.

Full review to follow in it's own thread when I can sort out some photos.

Mightily pleased.

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Well, after much delayage from the good folks at Merlin, firstly with the bow quiver I ordered at the same same being out of stock and then the wrong bow in the wrong poundage in the right packaging being delivered they finally after 1 month sent me my new toy........

Bearpaw Raven 45lb @ 28" (By the way, they are still 45% off - makes them a great buy)

First impressions are VERY favourable, looks grand, draws smooth & when I get an hour later I will set it up and have a couple of ends in the garden and report back.!

I fancy this will be my new number 1 bow........... have a couple of opens and some unfinished business (finishing higher than third!) this month so get them out the way and I'll put Mr Dorado away along with my competition head and just enjoy my shooting!

Stand by for pics and resurrection of the "show you bows" thread!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE