Longbow making courses? - Pref. Yorkshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
If you got a few people together Wayne of Forest Knights would probably come up to you, he's down in Sussex and does a lot of bow making, i've no idea of a course for it over your way, good luck with your hunt...

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
If you got a few people together Wayne of Forest Knights would probably come up to you, he's down in Sussex and does a lot of bow making, i've no idea of a course for it over your way, good luck with your hunt...

Ah, shame - it's possibly going to be a 40th birthday treat for me, so logistically that would be tricky. Don't mind travelling so much if I could pitch up my hammock on site.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Will Lord does 2 day longbow making courses down near Bury St Edmunds

I know Dave Budd also does bowmaking courses but not sure if they're flat or longbow and I think that he might be a bit too far for you to travel too

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
When I did my bronze casting course with Will last summer, Will had the other two guys at his place, camping in his garden. I was in a pub B&B because the missus was with me :)

It might be worth dropping him a line if you fancy the course.

I can personally recommend the courses offered by Chris Boyton, or Hilary Greenland, but they are in Surrey and Somerset respectively. No camping available as I remember though.

I have heard good things about Lee Ankers courses, in Cannock, Staffs. Have a look at www.heritage-longbows.co.uk

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE