Longbow archers knife

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
A friend was recently asked to make a knife for a customer to his design forged out with the hammers. Once completed I was asked to pop a handle on it, but was given very little info on how it should look. I was told that it would be used for demonstrations and kit costume at events, with it also being used to push into and pull out of targets to extract arrows. So I used English Yew from the log pile and jazzed it up with a masur birch bolster and Fibre liner, with a double front guard and rear pommel.

S5000389.jpg

S5000390.jpg

S5000394.jpg

S5000396.jpg

S5000387.jpg

Homemade Hot Derbyshire oatcakes filled with smoked gammon and cheese helped keep me going on this one with all the carving and shaping. These are so good and wrong :)

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Hi Chris its part of the get this guy wears. I think it was originally as a last defence thing for getting between armour. This chap wants it for show and helping to insert into targets to extract arrows, hence the guards and rear swells/pommel.
Also it has little hardness to help prevent snapping. It was a strange one to be part of but i'm chuffed with how the woods came out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE