Long strike any where matches in UK?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
The Russian storm matches finally arrived, 14 to a pack and slightly too long for the REI match version of the K & M but easily cut to fit. I deceided to put 5 in and fill up with normal matches.

matchsafe.jpg

They'll do if a bit expensive due to the inflated postage and packaging of the seller.

ATB

Tom

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hmm,

I won a box tonight (gotta play with fire) but that is quite a lot of dosh for 14 matches huh?

Where did you get the long normal ones in the end?

Red

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Yup, but as a one off it had to be done! ;-{D) The normal matches were cut down "Barbeque & Fireplace" safety matches from a pound shop (60 in a pack) as I wanted them as long and thick as possible. In future I'll refill with Bryant and May Extra Long Matches from the supermarket, smuggling REI storm matches into the country isn't worth the hassle.

ATB

Tom

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
Well i am on this side of the pond why do you need extra long matches cant you reach the wood with short ones.Plus one should be able to light a fire on one match even with a half of one;) ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE