Looking for a Muurika 23cm frying pan in UK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Hi folks
I'm. Ooking for a spun steel frying pan with a socket you fit your own handle in to for use on a open fire. I've a couple well at least 4 ally'or ti jobs but they aint suitable for anything apart from gas or petrol stoves. Nothing too big as I want to carry it. I do have my comedy sized Hillbilly job from Oz whi h you can do a fry up for five in one go on but thats massive.

I like the one Muurika makes but my google fu isn't up to finding a UK supplier so if any one knows of a seller, or has one they nolo get want and is in good condition I'd love to hear from them.

ATB

Tom

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
As far as I can decipher they have no presence in the UK. Why not order direct?

(Adding one k might help a bit "Muurikka")

Reactions: Erbswurst

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
39 muurikka items on offer in eBay uk but no 23cm frying pan. Some even had free postage from Germany.

I vaguely recall so reenactment sites offering similar items.

Atb

Tom

aris

Forager
Sep 29, 2012
UK
I have several Muurikka items myself. I had a look at their website, and didn't see anything which looked like a pan with a separate handle.

EDIT - never mind - found it:

They have an option to choose which country reseller you want to buy from - maybe hit those up and see if the individual resellers are willing to post to the UK. I suspect it'll cost you a fair bit though. Might be better to just get a cheap-ish carbon steel pan and get at it with an angle grinder and a stick welder.

The Southern Swords one looks quite fine to be honest - certainly well priced.

Last edited:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cheers!
Yeah its just me being leary of South Asian reenactment kit, I'm sure its improved no end in the last 20 years. I always fancied a copy of the Roman frying pan from Caerleon, there were two copies available and the uk made one was just out of production and the Indian one was as rough as could be.

I've dropped them a email to see what the postage.

Atb

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
There's a flat rate postage of £8.50 on all orders. I've a mate who works all the reenactment and LARP fairs, ill see if he's heard of them and get him to pick one up for me at the next one.

Atb

Tom

aris

Forager
Sep 29, 2012
UK
IMHO, no such thing as a bad pan. As long as it isn't covered in some non-stick gunk.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Scandinavian Outdoor has them. Problem is they aren't set up to collect UK VAT on small orders, so have to spend over the VAT limit of £140.

aris

Forager
Sep 29, 2012
UK
Scandinavian Outdoor has them. Problem is they aren't set up to collect UK VAT on small orders, so have to spend over the VAT limit of £140.

A bit bogus really - they can just post it and the receiver pays whatever tax is necessary in the UK.

aris

Forager
Sep 29, 2012
UK

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE