Long overdue meet up/skill share!!!! 4th-6th October

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
Is big Tony coming this weekend ?:lmao:
Ha bloody Ha, there were too many witnesses for me to ever be allowed to forget that Loch Trool moment ...
FYI Craig, I'll have had both food AND sleep the night before this meet :rolleyes:, though I still expect Col to remind folk this weekend!
See you's on Saturday.

Cheers.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Best get some kip......been a grand neet rahnd fire :beer::thumbup:
rahepuhe.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
So how many are there at the moment? I'm coming down early afternoon.

Also, perhaps a silly question but Stuart said Wooplaw doesn't want its wood depleted. How do we go about create natural Bushcraft fires then?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire

Make sure you make plenty of noise passing Chisellers encampment, he's probably a little delicate today :)

And don't forget to pack your drinking boots or ear plugs

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland

Also, perhaps a silly question but Stuart said Wooplaw doesn't want its wood depleted. How do we go about create natural Bushcraft fires then?

I think he meant for the main fire mate, theres no point burning whats there when there are circa 30 people who could bring a bag of logs. I dare say there will bve oppurtunities to practice natural fire lighting after all once the fire is established you can burn more or less anything, the skill is getting the fire established.

Jan 7, 2013
Langholm
im getting the bus at 12 and be at gala for 1:20, dunno how much water il need though as ive only got my pack, if anyone has spare water at the site i might need some :)

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Make sure you make plenty of noise passing Chisellers encampment, he's probably a little delicate today :)

And don't forget to pack your drinking boots or ear plugs

ata3a9e9.jpg

Arggggh

Like a new un this mornin yer toerag :confused::what:;):D:D:D

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Sep 29, 2013
Fife
We were hoping to come down Saturday morning. This would be our first meet so not sure if its ok just to come along as it looks like theres quite a few folk needing space etc.
Happy to go to Gullet wood if its gonna be a squeeze :)
Permission/Advice/Comments all most welcome
Cheers, Mamachook

Hi folks, ok then the census sways towards the weekend of October 5th-6TH, so lets make it that date. I am more than happy to include Friday the 4th, as i will be on site from lunchtime onwards, if anyone wants to make a full weekend of it. I will also add the date onto the thread title.

BCUK Scottish skill share/meet, 4th-6th of October. Wooplaw community woodlands, scottish borders. http://www.wooplaw.org.uk/?page_id=95

F.A.Q.

1-Do we have a chute for a communal area? A- YES I HAVE A CHUTE WE CAN USE.
2-Do we need to bring water? A- YES, AS THERE IS NO DRINKABLE WATER ON SITE.
3-Do we need to bring some fire wood? A- YES PLEASE, AS WE DON,T WANT TO DEPLETE THE WOODS FOR FUEL.
4-Are we likely to have a communal cook up? A- YES, IF EVERYONE IS OK WITH THAT, I ALSO HAVE A BIG POT SET WHICH WE CAN USE.
5-Are there toilets on site? A- YES THERE ARE COMPOSTING TOILETS IN THE WOOD.
6-Is there room for hammocks and tents? A- YES, THERE IS PLENTY OF ROOM FOR TENTS, AND PLENTY OF TREES FOR HAMMOCKS.
7-Does it cost anything to camp? A- NO IT DOES'NT COST TO CAMP, BUT A LITTLE DONATION WON'T GO A MISS. I WILL HAVE A JAR OF SOME SORT TO COLLECT ANY.
8-Are we allowed to bring dogs? A- YES, WE HAVE HAD DOGS AT MEETS IN THE PAST WITH NO PROBLEMS, WE ONLY ASK YOU PICK UP ANY DEPOSITS THEY MAKE.
9-Are children allowed to come along? A- YES, CHILDREN ARE ALLOWED TO COME ALONG,BUT WE ASK THEY BE SUPERVISED, AS WE ALL KNOW THERE WILL BE OPEN FIRES
AND LOTS OF SHARP IMPLEMENTS ON SHOW. ALSO PLEASE REMEMBER THAT AFTER DARK AROUND THE CAMPFIRE THERE IS LIKELY TO BE SOME ADULT TALK, SO BRING EAR
MUFFS, SO THEY DON'T GET OFFENDED!
10-Will there be a barter table? A-YES, WE HAVE HAD BARTER TABLES IN THE PAST, SO I DON'T SEE WHY NOT.
11-Are we allowed archery? A- SORRY NO, THE REASON IS THAT WOOPLAW IS A COMMUNITY WOODLAND, AND IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AT ALL TIMES, AND WE DON'T WANT
ANY MISHAPS.
12-Are we allowed to have FUN?? A- YES, ITS COMPULSORY DON'T YOU KNOW!!

Please note: EVERYONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN SAFETY WHILST AT THE MEET, I.E, USING KNIVES OR AXES. MYSELF OR WOOPLAW WON'T BE HELD LIABLE, IF ANY
ACCIDENTS OCCUR DURING THE MEET.

Ok, sorry if that seems a bit overkill, but i just had to clarify our position. We all know its just common sense.

If you can think of anything i may have overlooked, then just holler.

So, with that done, could we possibly have a list of names.

Cheers Stuart.

Allybally

Forager
Feb 23, 2006
Glasgow
Arrrgh ***...... wasn't meant for mamachook, just in case people thought I was being rude....

Last edited:

Allybally

Forager
Feb 23, 2006
Glasgow
We were hoping to come down Saturday morning. This would be our first meet so not sure if its ok just to come along as it looks like theres quite a few folk needing space etc.
Happy to go to Gullet wood if its gonna be a squeeze :)
Permission/Advice/Comments all most welcome
Cheers, Mamachook
Welcome Mamachook, the more the merrier...

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Sorry folks I won't make this trip.

Been let down by a mucker who was going to hold the fort for me while I was away this weekend.

Chiseller, I'll arrange to buy that jacket once you're back in civilisation. If, however, it catches someones eye at the meet and it fits them - sell it!!!

A very disappointed and angry

Miyagi.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
It was grand to pop down for the day :)
Thanks to Stuart for organising it and Lorna says ive to pass her thanks on to Orric for the leatherworking
me and Lorna had a grand day out :)

Last edited:

Davedon

Apr 24, 2012
Selkirk
Thanks guys for a great weekend the entertainment was top class pity I missed last night's Pearl Jam karaoke.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Great meet guy's.
Cheers for organizing and a great talk on primitive traps from your good-self Stuart, especially with you feeling so delicate.
Big thanks to Orric and Mike for their demo's.
Bob

Last edited:

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi folks, i just want to say a big thank you, to all who came along to the meet. It was great to see old friends and meet new ones.

Also thanks for the kind comments about my talk, i hope you enjoyed it and maybe learned a little bit more.

Cheers Again.
Stuart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE