Long overdue meet up/skill share!!!! 4th-6th October

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
We might fetch some odds n ends. Depending on room . Bags , coats , maybe some blankets an such ....

If Woden Wills It , then it will be so

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi folks, just a quick one, i tried to book the log cabin, but unfortunatly some other group got ahead of me, they have booked the same three dates, but we are still ok for the meet, its just we won't have use of the cabin. I think we will be better camped over in easter park, theres still plenty of room for 2 chutes, plus trees to hang from and tent space.

Cheers Stuart.

Allybally

Forager
Feb 23, 2006
Glasgow
I should be there Friday.

1 - Stuart F.

2 - Bob.
3 - Greensurfingbear - Orric.
4 - Windy & Tricia.
5 - Graham S (Possible).
6 - Barn Owl.
7 - Goatboy. (Coming down with Bob).
8 - Miyagi (and his Collie - Treacle)
9 - Toddy
10 - warthog1981 + Lorna
11 - Davedon
12 - gsfgaz
13 - Chiseller and Sue confirmed , possibly with Chiseller III
14 - Craigm9
15 - Eric-Methven and (possibly)Cameron
16 - Seabass
17 - d-day66
18 - Allybally

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hi folks, just a quick one, i tried to book the log cabin, but unfortunatly some other group got ahead of me, they have booked the same three dates, but we are still ok for the meet, its just we won't have use of the cabin. I think we will be better camped over in easter park, theres still plenty of room for 2 chutes, plus trees to hang from and tent space.

Cheers Stuart.

I need directions, Stuart.
How far do we need to lug stuff or do I just come light ?

atb,
Mary

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi guys, heres a link on how to get to Wooplaw http://www.wooplaw.org.uk/?page_id=95 , theres also a postcode on there for sat navs. Regarding carrying kit, where i am thinking of setting up the communal area is about 100 yrds from the road. The road itself runs right up the middle of the wood. There is a google street view also.

All the info is on here if the link above does'nt work http://www.wooplaw.org.uk/.

Any more problems just shout.
Cheers Stuart.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Thanks Stuart; I wondered if it were the site you showed me last time, about half a mile from the car park. I really didn't fancy lugging the firekit :eek:

cheers,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My friendly neighbourhood venison acquirer handed HWMBLT a carrier bag full yesterday morning, (I've got two pair of breeks to turn up :rolleyes:) Anyway, having cooked some of it (shoulder and foreleg) and taken the meat off the bones, the bones are pretty clean. There's a shoulder blade if anyone would like it to do some carving ? It can be put in the compost bin until the meet up to let the worms really clean it off. I reckoned they were smaller bones than the ones sold for dogs, and thus a bit easier to start on.
Let me know ?

cheers,
M

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
looking forward to this, should be there by friday afternoon, i believe Jason, Dave and Nathan are coming too :)

1 - Stuart F.

2 - Bob.
4 - Windy & Tricia.
5 - Graham S (Possible).
6 - Barn Owl.
9 - Toddy
10 - warthog1981 + Lorna
11 - Davedon
12 - gsfgaz
14 - Craigm9
16 - Seabass
17 - d-day66
18 - Allybally
19 - Coln18

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland

1 - Stuart F.

2 - Bob.
4 - Windy & Tricia.
5 - Graham S (Possible).
6 - Barn Owl.
9 - Toddy
10 - warthog1981 + Lorna
11 - Davedon
12 - gsfgaz
14 - Craigm9
16 - Seabass
17 - d-day66
18 - Allybally
19 - Coln18
20 - toilet digger

i'll be coming up with dday

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Okay, so I've just read the entire thread and I think I'll be able to make this. This would be my first ever Bushcraft meet and I'm not really sure what to expect. Are all skill levels welcome?

I'm currently at college for rural skills and will probably be at college for the friday, but could easily manage to get down to Wooplaw for the saturday and sunday. It's only a 40 or so minute drive from Tranent, where I live. I have to say I've not really been down that far in Scotland as I'm mainly a highlands person, so I'd like to see the woods down there.

I'll research this more and I'll let you know if I can definitley make it. As I say, this would be my first Bushcraft event and it seems like a fairly big one so I'll need to get organised. I'm not missing this opportunity for a Scottish meet as they seem to be quite rare...

QUESTIONS:
Is there a website for this meet up or a list of the things that we'll be doing?
Is this being run by Four Crows Bushcraft entirely or are there other affiliates?
Is there an age range average?

Last edited:

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Also, what type of environment will the meet be? Are we able to go around just talking and sharing skills or are there specific talks that we will see, sort of like a convention? I'd really like to brush up on my firecraft and identification skills, so if there is anyone who will be bringing along firesteels, flint and steel and bowdrill I'd love to give that a try. Also, will there be a shop to buy Bushcraft related crafts and items?

A lot of questions, I know...

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Everyone's welcome buddy.
You don't need to know diddly squat, our meets are for all and all ages of friends you just haven't met yet.
It's a relaxed setting with no timetables and always a laugh.

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Everyone's welcome buddy.
You don't need to know diddly squat, our meets are for all and all ages of friends you just haven't met yet.
It's a relaxed setting with no timetables and always a laugh.
Ah, well that's good to hear.

Do you know if Stuart will put up a full list of activities for the weekend?

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Aye ,that's passed,this is just one of our regular meets,nothing official and no rigurous timetables.
Just a matter of discussing what anyone wants to do or see and then doing it.

Aye, okay. Well, I guess I'd suggest some fundamentals practice for us beginners.

Stuart, you can add me to the list as I'm 90% sure I'm coming.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Aye ,that's passed,this is just one of our regular meets,nothing official and no rigurous timetables.
Just a matter of discussing what anyone wants to do or see and then doing it.

Here Tam, what's this Bushcraft thingy everyone on here keeps talking about :naughty: I always figured i've been attending naked air guitar meets for these last 3 years :lmao::lmao::lmao: I'd had better dig out some books or something to read up on this outdoor malarky then ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE