Logs near Bridgend, for BushMoot

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
This is for anyone living near bridgend that might have an idea that can help me.

I'm after sourcing logs for the moot because it's getting really rather complicated sorting out the firewood so I'm looking further afield than just the estate. We need about 10 tons of wood, preferably a mix of hard and soft, very preferably not green wood and preferably in log form (we'll cut on site), delivered, although if it's local I can pick them up with a few trips.

If anyone has a contact or knows of a place that I can get hold of wood like this for fires and workshops I would greatly appreciate it. I have dropped an email to a few firewood providers and none of them have got back to me thus far.

Thanks all
Tony

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I'll give that a try Wayne.

Spoken to a few tree surgeons and small wood mills but they want silly money for, what amount to off-cuts.

Off to google and yellow pages

Pete

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I've posted a request on a arb/forestry group on facebook and had a few replies :) Tony has an email heading his way with some links and messages. Hopefully it will help a bit, at least a couple of people came forward from Bridgend with serious tonnage of wood on offer

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE