Loch Stroan Pic heavy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
Some more pics of last weekend at Loch Stroan

Maxine paddling the canoe
100_0118.jpg

100_0124.jpg

My first Scottish Jack Pike
100_0101.jpg

Pike and chicken for tea
100_0139.jpg

I must say that the pike tasted great not at all muddy,this is what was left
100_0142.jpg

Tarps and hammocks set up for the night
100_0144.jpg

View down the Loch in the morning
100_0148.jpg

Bernie

May 24, 2008
Weston Super Mare
Hi Bernie, Picture postcard views. Love the idea of canoe camping. I have two kayaks and a canoe and normally just hit the rivers with the children. I'll try talking my son into an overnighter somewhere.

Talk soon mate. Sean

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Great stuff Bernie, looks like you both enjoyed your outing, cracking pics mate.

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Looks like you had a great time mate.
Just out of interest, What is that contraption you are cooking on. It looks like its got about 10 different parts to it. Any chance of a rundown of the materials and method of construction??

Cheers.
Stu.

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
Looks like you had a great time mate.
Just out of interest, What is that contraption you are cooking on. It looks like its got about 10 different parts to it. Any chance of a rundown of the materials and method of construction??

Cheers.
Stu.

Thanks all,the cooking setup Stu is the liddle tripod cook set bottom coal pan and grill i took the chains off, and to get the hight you require i cut down four road spikes which you push in the ground i then cut two more to go across to hold the grill in place,you can see how strong it is as its holding my cast griddle and dutch oven,when i break down i tape the road spikes together take the legs off the burner pan and it all fits neat under the seat of the canoe,
Cheers

Bernie

rancid badger

What a cracking set of pictures!
That first one; coming through the reeds, has a strong feel of the birch bark canoe.
I really like the traditional shape of anno, I think I would be tempted to paint it, to look like bark!:cool:
Perfect conditions by the look of it as well, lets hope we're as lucky, back end of September!

all the best
R.B.

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
Nice pics bernie . Never tried to eat pike myself , tempted to give it a try now :)

My favourite pike receipie is to put a stick in to the fish, season with herbs and butter, wrap in foil, cook in the fire for 30 minutes, open up the foil, throw away the pike and eat the stick, as its the best bit....

:D

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I'd thoroughly recommend trying it ,i dont no if its because the lochs are clean that its not got a muddy taste,but i will be eating them all the time now when i catch them.

Bernie

Great set of pics so peaceful and serene as for the pike I love pike its just those vicious Y shaped bones that put me off

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE