Loch Shiel 3 night canoe trip!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Oscar Wilde said, "It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young". He was clearly wrong in your case: you are certainly making good use of yours. I'd envy you if I wasn't just about to go to my own favourite lake high in the Pyrenees.

Thanks for sharing.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Oscar Wilde said, "It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young". He was clearly wrong in your case: you are certainly making good use of yours. I'd envy you if I wasn't just about to go to my own favourite lake high in the Pyrenees.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks a lot! Your trip sounds great too! :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Looks like you had a fine old time, Cameron, and great pics; what's the number hanging from the back of the canoe? :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Cam, what Oldtimer says rings very true. It definitely isn't wasted on yourself. The trip report and photographs are well worth the wait. Some lovely images both mental and real in there.

Loch Shiel is a lovely spot. Great to canoe upon. Nice seeing your Tipi and stove set up. A mirror of my own, though I have a hand made witches hat on mine rather than the spark arrestor. Nice to see you were preserving the Loch side by using fallen timber and tidying up after yourself too. Looked a nicely set up camp and some of the kit looked as tasty as that bannock! (Nice knife in particular). Pity you didn't catch anything as being a piscivore is one of the delights of loch camping.

Not too sure on the fern front. Have found it to be pretty desperate fair with the added danger of it not being particularly good for you unless you suffer from worms and flukes!

Cheers for posting up, brightened up an already sunny day.

GB.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Cam, what Oldtimer says rings very true. It definitely isn't wasted on yourself. The trip report and photographs are well worth the wait. Some lovely images both mental and real in there.

Loch Shiel is a lovely spot. Great to canoe upon. Nice seeing your Tipi and stove set up. A mirror of my own, though I have a hand made witches hat on mine rather than the spark arrestor. Nice to see you were preserving the Loch side by using fallen timber and tidying up after yourself too. Looked a nicely set up camp and some of the kit looked as tasty as that bannock! (Nice knife in particular). Pity you didn't catch anything as being a piscivore is one of the delights of loch camping.

Not too sure on the fern front. Have found it to be pretty desperate fair with the added danger of it not being particularly good for you unless you suffer from worms and flukes!

Cheers for posting up, brightened up an already sunny day.

GB.

Thanks Colin mate!

I'm certainly going to give the bracken a go, although it won't be the first wild edible that made me go yuck ;).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE