Loch Lomond

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Some photos from a couple of nights out in wallaby world.

I didn't get there 'till after dark, didn't look up and pitched right under a dead branch that was starting to split. Freaked in the morning, lesson learned for sure - just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there:rolleyes:.

LL_FEB_01.jpg

Looking north from up the hill.

LL_FEB_02.jpg

Gailainnes kitchen.

LL_FEB_03.jpg

Andy_e staring out one of the locals:). He was buzzed by this swan for a couple of minutes before being deemed safe then they ignored us for the rest of the day.

LL_FEB_04.jpg

Off for an evening jaunt.

LL_FEB_05.jpg

Time to go. Not fair, was just getting comfy.

LL_FEB_06.jpg

Some 3-ply rush string that I twisted up over saturday afternoon/evening. Took a good bit of it's 3½m length to get the hang of keeping the bundles even but I was getting there towards the end.

LL_FEB_07.jpg

Had a cracking weekend, nice one guys.
:)
Josh

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A great weekend had by me too, good to put some more faces to names.

Hope I behaved well enough to come again.

I`ll stick up a few more piccies in a bit.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A few piccies from me ....

Getting packed at the put in
DSC00861.jpg

DSC00862.jpg

DSC00863.jpg

I was a bit aprehensive of the paddle out as it was my first time on some pretty big water, I also didn`t know how the inflatable would handle but she did me proud in the end. She could just do with being a bit bigger to get more gear in but to be fair I got her just to see how the whole paddle/camping thing would suit me. I`m hooked anyway.

Saturday morning at camp
DSC00865.jpg

A couple of visitors called by
DSC00869.jpg

DSC00868.jpg

Wallaby hunting, getting closer ...
DSC00871.jpg

Bingo ! This guy was quite a tart and just sat there for me while I krept forward on my knees.
DSC00876.jpg

Moody shot from camp looking north west up the loch
DSC00867.jpg

Just around the corner from camp looking south, this would have been a great shot if a) it was straight and b) I had a decent camera. The sun was bursting through a dark rain cloud and illuminating one small part of the otherwise gloomy looking loch.
DSC00872.jpg

T`was a great trip and which I really enjoyed, thanks to Stephen, Andy and Josh for making a foreigner so welcome. The camp was a stunning place to be and with it being a bit early for ned season we were able to kick back with the place to ourselves, and the wallabys, rabbits and deer.

A great introduction to paddling and camping, thanks guys :You_Rock_

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Rich that looks like a great weekend Scotland is a brill placefor that sort of adventure if your planning another trip I would be up for it time permitting. You have the same canoe as me so I am glad you found that she handled well and took the gear you needed. I wonder if there is anywhere we could do a paddle like that a bit closer to home. Anyway if not its certainley worth the drive for such a trip.

fantastic!!

Andy

garyford

Dec 2, 2007
musselburgh
The place looks great wich part of loch lomond is it mainland or island.bagged two wallaby's last month on the east side of the loch.
Cheer's Gary.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Looks like you all had a great time.

I managed a flying visit to Derwentwater last night ( left the house at five, and back home by lunchtime today ), but I managed to clock up some air time ( that's what I call sleeping in my hammock ) and cook on an open fire, which is always good for the soul.

Cheers, Michael.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
When we were last there we saw a stag swimming from the reed bed on the island opposite you in photo 1 to the island you were camping on. Love that place...

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
No pics, I'm afraid from me, but thanks to the guys for a fun trip. Josh's Indian stroke is impressive, we only heard his approach when he landed.

Felt a bit like a safari park exhibit at one point with the tourist boats using the channel between the two islands as a highway. Shame they insisted on obeying the "don't feed the wildlife" notices, despite our protests. :lmao:

Gailainne

Life Member
I spent all lunchtime checking out the prices of "Packs" and "Colorados" and various others, including a few inflatable kayaks......:rolleyes: This place is gonne be the death of me yet :You_Rock_

Pics from the weekend, from the peak looking eh....not sure
Loch&

Some moody shots from the boats as we returned to Luss
CIMG0020.jpg

Andy paddling along
CIMG0021.jpg

Ben Lomond still with some snow.
CIMG0022.jpg

CIMG0025.jpg

Look Ma I can do Canoeing me....kinda :rolleyes:
CIMG0023.jpg

We must do this again SOON.

Cheers

Stephen

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I spent all lunchtime checking out the prices of "Packs" and "Colorados" and various others, including a few inflatable kayaks......:rolleyes: This place is gonne be the death of me yet :You_Rock_

:lmao: :lmao:

Me too

Packs that is anyway

Even put a thread up on SOTP looking for a second had one, I`ve since come home though and measured my shed and it`s 4" too short :( I tried working out if I could get one down into the cellar but that would require some serious masonary shifting.
I don`t think the wife would go for the Josh technique of slinging it on the wardrobe either, not that the Ikea flat packs would take it anyway.

MIght have to look at something though as the space was a bit tight in mine for winter camping kit.

Wish I`d had a blast in Josh`s on Saturday now though, I was too busy hunting those bouncy grey things.

Great trip, when`s the next one ?

Gailainne

Life Member
:lmao: :lmao:

Me too

Packs that is anyway.......<snip>.....

Great trip, when`s the next one ?

I'm game any weekend, I think with as Joss calls it "Stephens Toy" I'm limited with what I can realistically buy in the way of canoes, Porsche does do a rack, but as usual its a silly amount of money, I'd be cheaper buying a runabout just for the canoe :rolleyes: , perhaps its time to grow up and get a sensible car........NAHhhhhhhh no chance :nana:

So inflatable it is, choices;

1. The Sevylor Colorado Canoe
  2. Stearns Cordova Kayak

Anybody else like to chip in with their experiences ?

Not growing old gracefully

Stephen

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE