Loch Lomond

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Actually I posted them last time as well, with the birds in question, but I get your point, perhaps it should be pointed out that; Loch Lomond is a known xxxxxxxxxx nesting site, with all the local hotels taking advantage of the fact, and there are notices on the xxxxxxxxxx itself asking people to stay clear of the area for the xxxxxxxxxxx breeding season, between March and October...not exactly stealthy :rolleyes: :cool:

Stephen

Theres no sign anywhere saying species, (if there are it's pretty dumb and new on last season) however theres plenty saying "nesting birds". And yeagh Stephen, Loch Lomond and the Trosachs are known breeding sites for these and other much rarer birds, however it's a big place and specifics are best left to those in the know or for when you find out yourself rather than publically sticking photo's up on a website. Once is a mistake, twice in my opinion is not wise. It's all about responsibility and judgement call on our part as bushcrafters or whatever we call ourselves, I just think in this instance bud it's not something that is looked upon as wise to do by those involved in species protection. It's not a dig bud, it's just something we have a responsibility for and that is to use our knowledge wisely.

Anyway glad you enjoyed the trip, great photo's and nice to see you on the water again.

WS

Gailainne

Life Member
G

I'll edit my posts, and remove all references to said birds perhaps you can do the same, Bigshot you as well.

I'd love to see the equipment required to scale that tree :D

I did ask Andy to see if you wanted to come along, perhaps next time ?

Stephen

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It definitely did mention the species WS, maybe somebody needs to be told.

Bigshot - can you edit the quote in your post too fella

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
There's one called a Discovery 119 that's 3" shorter...
...which I suppose is even more annoying. I'll just shut up now. :rolleyes:

I`m thinking about building some kind of steel casket in the back garden, the wife can get galv kick plate quite cheap through work so I can feel a little project coming on :D

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
They don't need to be covered. The barge has lived all it's life outside upside down and isn't even showing any UV fade yet.

...or is it security you're thinking of?

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Looks like a great trip and for those of you with the canoeing bug and storage and transporting problems I have just two words. Folding canoes ;)

Damn you and your temptations - hehehe - Wayland has a nice one, aluminium frame with heavy rubberised covering, packs down to much the same size as my inflatable but runs like a solid canoe.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Crackin' trip fellas, it's got me pining! ;) Waylands canoe was pretty cool, looked the business. According to MK it's not possible to have too many canoes... :rolleyes: :D

Cheers,

Alan

ASLAN

Dec 1, 2008
Co Durham, UK
Thanks for sharing a great trip in some stunning scenery.

You can pack a suprising amount into even the small Sevylor inflatable. I managed 5 days self contained canoe camping a couple of years ago with everything packed into the boat for the duration. Slower than a traditional hull but whose in a hurry.

I'd add a vote for folding boats also - mines a folding touring kayak, a Folbot Yukon.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Thanks for sharing a great trip in some stunning scenery.

You can pack a suprising amount into even the small Sevylor inflatable. I managed 5 days self contained canoe camping a couple of years ago with everything packed into the boat for the duration. Slower than a traditional hull but whose in a hurry.

I'd add a vote for folding boats also - mines a folding touring kayak, a Folbot Yukon.

It was your bloggs on SOTP which swayed me into getting the little Sevy Aslan, I had a great time at the weekend and I can`t wait to get out for another paddle soon.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Gutted !!!

I`ve got a puncture where the seams meet right on the fold about half way along one of the main side tubes :(

I`ve just tried repairing it so we`ll see how it is later after I`ve scoffed some pancakes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE