Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Ahh superb! can I come next time?:sadwavey:

cheers

Steve;)

Your always welcome Steve, I'll get you in the loop for the next one

Glad your home ok Rich.

No probs car wise for me.

I overtook Stephen who was stuck behind a 5 mph driver and not too pleased :lmao:

Lol, he's normally the one speeding off when we leave.

I had my window down having a ciggy when a Freelander came tanking past and fill my lap with brown slush :censored:

Good to see your home safe Rich. Tam and I had no probs with our 4x4's but haven't heard anything from Stephen yet, looks like Perthshire is getting hit bad with the weather.

He'll be right enough in his Quattro :)

glad yi got home bud ,,,, great weekend ....

Aye t'was a good un :)

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Yet another great looking trip, thanks for the pics.

Waking up to fresh snow in camp is something special, Id have been like a kid in a sweet shop-I love the stuff. : )

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
LL_NOV_00.jpg

LL_NOV_01.jpg

LL_NOV_02.jpg

Good times once again, nice one guys. :)

Gailainne

Life Member
Great pics of another great weekend, cheers guys, a bit touch and go whether we were getting out on Sunday, the East side of the island was wild, but the West up the narrows was calm, took us less than an hour to get back across to the shore. Thanks for the lift back to get my car Rich.

And yes if I had not one but two numptys in new cars in front of me who should have stayed at home, took me over 3 hours to get home, I went thru Glasgow, once past the Erskine bridge the roads were fine, just the queues. The office is 3/4 empty this morning tho :)

Bluemerle

Nomad
Nov 6, 2010
Essex
Great pictures and obviously a fantastic weekend. stayed at Luss for family camping holiday in June 1988, you're piccies have brought back some wonderful memories.

JAG009

Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Looks like you had a good weekend , I take it gaz was the last to go to his kip as allways ,how was the canoe back on sunday looked a bit on the choppy side when me and col seen it latter on

Jason

Gailainne

Life Member
A couple of my photos from the weekend

Rich arriving
Rich.jpg

Sunday morning, my set up
hammock.jpg

The same view Friday to Sunday
thebay.jpg

The East side
westside.jpg

bouy.jpg

I would have really liked to have got a wind speed reading, the buoy was bouncing about all over the place.

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Looks like you had a good weekend , I take it gaz was the last to go to his kip as allways ,how was the canoe back on sunday looked a bit on the choppy side when me and col seen it latter on

Jason

Aye up mate, looks like you had a good one too :)

Yup you're right about Gaz, last man standing or rather last man seated (with melting boots)

The trip back was okay, it was rough as a badgers up the east side of the island but the northern end and up the narrows was lovely and calm. A bit gusty now and then but nice gentle swells to ride over :)

JAG009

Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Aye up mate, looks like you had a good one too :)

Yup you're right about Gaz, last man standing or rather last man seated (with melting boots)

The trip back was okay, it was rough as a badgers up the east side of the island but the northern end and up the narrows was lovely and calm. A bit gusty now and then but nice gentle swells to ride over :)

It was a good one Rich, could have been better if i did not have to listen to col about being cold all the time !
He had a sleeping bag what more does he need ! and he slept next to the fire !!!!!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Got some belters there Gaz. nice one mate

Love the snowy pics as we're leaving goodjob

None of me which is good too :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The best bit of the weekend was waking up at 06:30 on Sunday morning, toasty in my hammock and hearing the faint pitter patter of the snow flakes against the tarp and then a sudden whoosh as a build up slid down the silnylon. It was still dark too with no wind and everything was silent but lit up by the white of the snow. There must have been a good four inches already and it was all waiting for me to crunch through . Looking out from the hammock to the water about ten yards away was mint too, watching the snow flakes actually building up to a sludge on top of the water.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE