9 day wild camping/paddling trip to the islands on loch lomond

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Hey Guys, just back from a excellent trip to the islands on loch lomond, i heading out by myself on Christmas day and spent the next 9 days and nights on some of the islands. The weather was pretty horrible at times and stunning at others. It was the perfect trip as i managed to get in about 5 nights solo camping, while on the other 4 nights, 13 different people came over for a paddle and camp over. All in all, just what the doctor ordered. Just a pity the weather was so wild on the Friday as another 6 people couldn't make the trip because of the state of the loch and the dangerous crossing. Made a wee video, hope you enjoy watching it.

http://youtu.be/qUTXnSZSBN4

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Great stuff Col, glad you had a good new year.

I was going to come up but chickened out with crossing to the islands. :eek:

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Great video, what a great way to spend Christmas. Hope that guy swimming the Loch got given a stiff drink after that!

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
mate, thats a very good video, camping just right, awesome awesome music too...;)

i need to get my but to Scotland this year...

regards

chris.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Topnotch video Col! Wee Archie seems a very cool companion. Props to Scott Oliver (what a stud) for the swim! Excellent choice of music for the video.

Russell96

Forager
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
What an awesome looking trip and thanks for sharing the vid! Looked great fun and I love how much the dog enjoys it all as well.
Russ

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
My friend and our wives have penciled in a trip to Lomand this year with our open canoes, and I am currently reading posts from path of the paddle, on where best to stay up there, the lads like the wild side of camping but the girls like to have the facilities to wash and toilet, which is fair enough, can you tell me if there are any places that could accommodate us? Maybe a days canoeing then a stop in a camp site? Then an other day and a stop in the wild so to speak?
Cheers for any info
And apologies for the hijack,

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
My friend and our wives have penciled in a trip to Lomand this year with our open canoes, and I am currently reading posts from path of the paddle, on where best to stay up there, the lads like the wild side of camping but the girls like to have the facilities to wash and toilet, which is fair enough, can you tell me if there are any places that could accommodate us? Maybe a days canoeing then a stop in a camp site? Then an other day and a stop in the wild so to speak?
Cheers for any info
And apologies for the hijack,

Yeah, billy, there's a few camp sites on the east side of the loch. Theres a couple of big caravan/camping commercial sites you pass on the road to Rowardennan, but theres also a bit the national park run at Sallochy bay on Loch Lomond, where you can pitch a tent in a designated camping area and there's toilets ect, just depends on what the wives and yourselves are looking for mate. But from there, it's a fairly easy paddle in good conditions to the islands on Loch Lomond.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE