loch Ard quick advice please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RobeKinn

Aug 8, 2008
Edinburgh
A friend and i are travelling to Scotland tomorrow to spend a week in the woods, originally started off going to loch shiel, then found loch Ard, i am in Newcastle so loch Ard is quite a bit closer, ill be driving there, does anybody know of a good place where i can park my car safely and walk in to the forest ,

Cheers

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
There's a forest car park at Milton, near the east end of the loch, it's at the start of the forest trails. Alternatively, you could leave your car at Kinlochard, there is no car park but as long as you don't block anything you should be quite safe. However if it's for a week it might be wise to knock on a door to ask if it's OK to leave the car there.

There is a very large (free) car park in Aberfoyle if you don't mind a longer walk in but I can't recall if there are overnight restrictions. Failing that there is a road at the west end of that car park that goes south over a hump back stone bridge, heading towards the Covenanter's Inn. I don't think there would be any restrictions on leaving a car there.

Last edited:

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
Just enjoy the forest there, there are a huge number of trails and you can go a bit off the beaten path and avoid everyone else, if that's your thing. There are plenty of hills and lochs in the area with a fairly diverse range of wildlife habitats.

Take sensible midge protection and watch out for ticks, (although I've never been bothered by them there staying reasonably close to the trails). Oh and watch out for the crocodiles! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE