Hello

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Oh, I didn't see before that you are that short!

In this case I recommend to buy a different Dutch army rucksack, the model Saracen with 120 litres capacity. You can crouch into there and eat some nuts while your boy friend carries the rucksack!

:biggrin:

No, joke aside:

In your case we have to talk about compact lightweight equipment.

You can carry usual stuff but in the long run it's no fun! It's better to slow down and think about the most compact and lightest options.
For you it's sensible to invest in lightweight equipment even if you have to improvise now in other points and still reach next summer a usual rucksack weight. But you can collect other light stuff later step by step and will have in the end an equipment that's easily portable.

Although I am pretty tall and strong myself I have very light stuff that's currently available but tested well like in a ADAC 100.000 kilometers car test, because I usually live out of the rucksack and travel without intermission due to my usual job.

I'll send you a Personal Message before I go to bed now.

Reactions: Steff

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin

The Essl Kaderrucksack RU 502 and RU 5026 are constructed in Austria and made in the own factory in Czechia.

They currently reorganise the homepage and that's why I didn't find the RU 5026 which I personally find more interesting because it has a bit more than 40 litres capacity. They count inclusive the side pockets, Karrimor SF Sabre 45 counts additional 2x10 litres side pouches.

The RU 5026 might be the optimal choice for you if it fits to your back. It's not issued but allowed to use in the Austrian army. Different to the NATO rucksacks made of less durable polyester, compared to Cordura Nylon, but pretty cheap and as you see very practical organised. It has a lot of outer pockets in the right sizes.
In the side pockets fit easily 1,5 litre super market bottles, in the middle pocket an Austrian / German army mess kit (1,5 litres, approximately 450g) or a usual tarp or light civil rain suit. In the flap pocket you can put head lamp and other stuff that needs to be accessible, on the belt is a camera pocket.

That is obviously constructed for Alpine Club hut tours but nowadays you can put in there a complete modern trekking eqipment if you choose the most compact solutions.

I suggest to call them and ask about body size and female fit. They sell this model since many years like sliced bread and know of course if it would fit you.

That's relatively light, cheap and outstanding practical.
And available in oliv green.

Women tend to buy lovely colours and avoid muted colours. That's why most offered stuff for them is colourfull. They don't want to play soldiers like most real Cowboys in town.

I am tall and strong and have a long and strong knife that's easily accessible. Only an idiot would attack me without fire arm.
Nevertheless I don't search for stress.
I hide myself before I crouch into the sleeping bag.

And especially to women I recommend oliv green equipment. Who is invisible has no reason to develop fear. And if you have chosen all and everything in muted colours and don't moove you are invisible from a distance even if you didn't hide yourself especially in the undergrowth.

If you are small, learn from the mice!
Also female field mice who are generally interested in fashion usually wear Feldgrau for security reasons.

In Sweden you have Allemansräten, British laws I don't need to explain here.
But in Germany, Austria and France it depends mainly and in most cases on your own behaviour if a hiking wild camper is on the legal or illegal side.

Here you can assume that in most places you are tolerated if you aren't asked to leave the place. And if you are invisible you usually don't disturb anybody.

Muted colours avoid problems and the Essl RU 5026 and smaller RU 502 are available in a nice olive green.

They think through their stuff and sell sensible equipment instead of fishing for beginners who have no clue. As you surely noticed Austrians tend to have conservative business concepts. They are mostly serious business men.

Here is a German seller with a photo of the RU 5026. That's a well assorted shop, by the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steff

Steff

Mar 17, 2022
Oxfordshire

The Essl Kaderrucksack RU 502 and RU 5026 are constructed in Austria and made in the own factory in Czechia.

They currently reorganise the homepage and that's why I didn't find the RU 5026 which I personally find more interesting because it has a bit more than 40 litres capacity. They count inclusive the side pockets, Karrimor SF Sabre 45 counts additional 2x10 litres side pouches.

The RU 5026 might be the optimal choice for you if it fits to your back. It's not issued but allowed to use in the Austrian army. Different to the NATO rucksacks made of less durable polyester, compared to Cordura Nylon, but pretty cheap and as you see very practical organised. It has a lot of outer pockets in the right sizes.
In the side pockets fit easily 1,5 litre super market bottles, in the middle pocket an Austrian / German army mess kit (1,5 litres, approximately 450g) or a usual tarp or light civil rain suit. In the flap pocket you can put head lamp and other stuff that needs to be accessible, on the belt is a camera pocket.

That is obviously constructed for Alpine Club hut tours but nowadays you can put in there a complete modern trekking eqipment if you choose the most compact solutions.

I suggest to call them and ask about body size and female fit. They sell this model since many years like sliced bread and know of course if it would fit you.

That's relatively light, cheap and outstanding practical.
And available in oliv green.

Women tend to buy lovely colours and avoid muted colours. That's why most offered stuff for them is colourfull. They don't want to play soldiers like most real Cowboys in town.

I am tall and strong and have a long and strong knife that's easily accessible. Only an idiot would attack me without fire arm.
Nevertheless I don't search for stress.
I hide myself before I crouch into the sleeping bag.

And especially to women I recommend oliv green equipment. Who is invisible has no reason to develop fear. And if you have chosen all and everything in muted colours and don't moove you are invisible from a distance even if you didn't hide yourself especially in the undergrowth.

If you are small, learn from the mice!

In Sweden you have Allemansräten, British laws I don't need to explain here.
But in Germany, Austria and France it depends mainly and in most cases on your own behaviour if a hiking wild camper is on the legal or illegal side.

Here you can assume that in most places you are tolerated if you aren't asked to leave the place. And if you are invisible you usually don't disturb anybody.

Muted colours avoid problems and the Essl RU 5026 and smaller RU 502 are available in a nice olive green.

They think through their stuff and sell sensible equipment instead of fishing for Beginners who have no clue. As you surely noticed Austrians tend to have conservative business concepts. They are mostly serious business men.

Here is a German seller with a photo of the RU 5026. That's a well assorted shop, by the way.
I like the look of the RU5026, thanks!

Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Well, Bavarians still have an instinctive taste regarding Alpine equipment.

Those who didn't have it died out long ago.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
As we eat Weißwurst with Bavarian sweet mustard for breakfast and Germknödel with vanilla sauce for dinner we are fine of course. And you?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE