Little and Large..

• Thread starter Something In The Woodshed
  • Start date
S

Something In The Woodshed

Here's a couple I just finished.
The first one I call a heavy duty bushcraft knife. It has a meaty 172 layer Damascus blade 4" long and 4.5mm thick that I toned done a little as I prefer a lighter etch with this pattern.
The bolster is Nickel silver with blue spacer and the handle is Tamboti, a wood I used on The Pebble knife and is sclupted to fit the hand. I added a stainless steel securing pin, but it probably doesn't need it and also added a thong hole. I dont know about you guys, but I am not a fan of thong/ lanyard holes. I only put them on a knife if I plan to have a deep friction sheath as it helps remove the knife, especially if the handle is rounded like this one.
Would easily win a fight with a Woodlore..:eek:

L1010137.jpg

L1010134.jpg

The second knife its an unusual little thing I call The Peanut. The blade is a stainless 2.5" Brusletto with a mirror polish and a scandi grind with micro bevel. The bolster is Desert Ironwood with red vulcanised rubber and a nickel silver spacer. The handle is an old Dinosaur tooth I found in my garden while picking mushrooms. Not really, its Coconut Palm and is most unusual, but I rather like it. Despite its appearance the knife itself fits the hand well and makes an excellent neck knife and whittler. If a knife is really small like this I tend to go with a bit of a chunky handle so its easier to grip. I see a lot of small knives with thin handles and I just cant grip them very well..
This ones good for walks in the woods..:rolleyes:

L1010131.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE