lincolnshire people

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woods Wanderer

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 26, 2006
lincolnshire
hello just to ask is there anyone in lincolnshire that knows of any land i may be able to use i would be willing to do free labour and keep an eye out for any poachers or can anyone show me round there sites again i can do favors
at the moment i have to be very careful as alot of horseriders and dog walkers use the woods i do and the chances are they will report any fires or knives they see and going out is turning from this :lmao: to this :banghead: so please any help would be apreciated and repaid

Trevody

May 30, 2005
North Lincolnshire
Hi W.W.
Been looking for an area of woodland to use with a friend of mine in this area for quite some time now with very little luck, in truth I've found it easier to get permission for shooting than to practice bush craft. :(
After reading the thread to a Lincolnshire meet at Primrose Warren at Scunthorpe which is mostly used by the scouts I did a little looking on the scouts web site at their campsite directory:

http://www.scoutbase.org.uk/cgi-bin/camping/db.cgi?db=camping&uid=default

In the camp details you kind find out wether a site is ok for back woods camping, I contacted the warden for one of the sites in Lincs and asked about booking it for the family for a weekend and explained that we would like to build a basher and cook on an open fire etc.
The cost is £2 per head per night, I've just sent of the booking and I'm waiting for the reply.
There are some restrictions of course, such as there is no cutting down of trees regardless wether they a dead or alive, and the only fires you can have are alter fires.
Im hoping this may be an alternative to sculking around the local woods trying to avoid the dog walkers etc and also I will be able to take my two young lads along without having to tell them to keep the noise down every five minutes. :yikes:

Trev

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I've got a couple of spots. One where I can have a fire but can only go in ones and twos as most of the year it's a lot easier to get to by canoe. The other place is better but it's no fires aloud and that has to be kept to small groups too. Anybody's welcome to tag along when I go.

Trevody

May 30, 2005
North Lincolnshire
Hi Martin
I would be interested in meet up sometime. I get out in the woods around Scunthorpe and Brigg fairly regularly with a mate (Featherman), though this is without any permission so it is mostly low key foraging and tracking type skills, occasionaly risk a fire and a night out, but that is in the more out of the way dark and damp corners of Broughton woods. :rolleyes:
I recon it would be good to get a small group going in the area and maybe some regular meet ups.

Trev :D

kata

Jun 7, 2005
lincolnshire
Trevody said:
Hi Martin
I would be interested in meet up sometime. I get out in the woods around Scunthorpe and Brigg fairly regularly with a mate (Featherman), though this is without any permission so it is mostly low key foraging and tracking type skills, occasionaly risk a fire and a night out, but that is in the more out of the way dark and damp corners of Broughton woods. :rolleyes:
I recon it would be good to get a small group going in the area and maybe some regular meet ups.

Trev :D

Which woods in broughton do you use? I walk my dogs there every day.... having a problem with motor bikes at the min though.

There should be some info up soon about the lincs meet, i know pignut is working on it.

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I'm off for a wander this saturday if anybody fancies tagging along. I might get my canoe out if this wind has dropped by then.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
All,

The lincolnshire meet will have a date set tomorrow with any luck!

If anyone fancies a pre meet "meet"

Might be a good Idea?!? can meet in a pub un the Broughton vacinity for a swift one?!

Trevody

May 30, 2005
North Lincolnshire
This is a real surprise, I’ve been mooching around the woods of North Lincs for about ten years now thinking that the likes of Featherman and myself are a bit of an ‘oddity,’ enjoying our bush craft in our own little way, only to now find out people with the same interests are a lot thicker on the ground here than it would first seem. :D

Kata it would not surprise me if we haven’t probably nodded in passing, I’ve wandered just about every corner of the woods around Broughton, been orienteering there on a number of occasions so would farley confidently say I know them like the back of my hand.

Martin I would have loved to have joined you on Saturday for a bimble out, I may have been able to get my hands on Kiyak for the day. Promised my two boys to a treat on Saturday for doing well at schools recently so already booked up. :rolleyes:

Pignut, I’d never turn down the chance of a pint, I tend to favour the real ale pub in Brigg the Earl of Yarbourgh I think it is, but any venue will do me, Friday or Saturday night? Friday is better for me as I’m up before dawn Sunday for a bit of shooting. :p

Trev

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Next friday in brigg if you like! (Working late tonight)

Sure I can drag Kata Along

featherman208

Mar 3, 2006
n,lincs
hello to the local lads,i've been getting a mention on here so i thought i'd tip my hat to you all and look forward to a meet up sometime to organise something local.i live in brigg and work and knock about with trevody.
i had been reading earlier posts about a meet up at primmie hill and i'm all up for helping set something up there,i can usually swan off from work during the day and only work in scunny so trev and i could be pretty flexible to help out.
we know a few others that we've recently introduced to bushcraft that would be willing to come along if their welcome.
it's always interesting to skill share whith people of varring experiances and chill out in the sticks,thats the best bit about it.hopefully meet some of you soon prefherably properling theee bahar up..cheers for now dave..

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
All

The provisional (At this stage) Dates are up for the meet Here

Drop me a confirmation so I can have some idea of numbers!

Also will give you a bell Trev and arrange that pint!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE