Lightweight sleeping bag for fatties

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
I'm kind of hoping he doesn't find a bigger one, because this one weighs a ton meaning that a bigger one (and it would have to be MUCH bigger to be of any use) would be even heavier. I really don't relish carting one of these about in the hills of the LD.

Michael will sort you out if he can, he's a good guy.

We did tell you iy was a lump...BEFORE you bought it :lmao:

OurJud

Forager
Oct 31, 2008
Manchester
Laid out flat on the floor

Foot end approx 49 cm wide

accross the shoulders approx 84 cm wide

length from foot to top of hood approx 220 cm

First off, thanks to all those telling me it's inside out (Sorry to Big Stu for saying he was wrong when he first told me a few posts back).

It did make a slight difference to the size, but not enough to matter. I now get a measurement of approx 71cm across the shoulders, as opposed to the 68 previously. The feet are more or less the same as Still Waters' at 46cm (18").

Still a little puzzled, though. Judging from Still Waters' measurement it does appear I have the same bag (less an extra 13cm at the shoulders), but even with that extra 13cm I fail to see how all you big fellas are saying you can freely move about inside? If I zip the bag right up to the limit - which is a struggle in itself, I'm pretty much rendered motionless. Furthermore, because of the quick release zip mech, it just keeps coming undone and zipping down to where there's no strain on it.

Maybe I'm just a fatter ******* than I thought.

We did tell you iy was a lump...BEFORE you bought it

You did, you did. I just wasn't aware HOW much of a lump. I'm a tenter, not a bushcrafter, which means I have to do some serious walking if I want to reach remote spots.

Last edited:

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
First off, thanks to all those telling me it's inside out (Sorry to Big Stu for saying he was wrong when he first told me a few posts back).

It did make a slight difference to the size, but not enough to matter. I now get a measurement of approx 71cm across the shoulders, as opposed to the 68 previously. The feet are more or less the same as Still Waters' at 46cm (18").

Still a little puzzled, though. Judging from Still Waters' measurement it does appear I have the same bag (less an extra 13cm at the shoulders), but even with that extra 13cm I fail to see how all you big fellas are saying you can freely move about inside? If I zip the bag right up to the limit - which is a struggle in itself, I'm pretty much rendered motionless. Furthermore, because of the quick release zip mech, it just keeps coming undone and zipping down to where there's no strain on it.

Maybe I'm just a fatter ******* than I thought.

You did, you did. I just wasn't aware HOW much of a lump. I'm a tenter, not a bushcrafter, which means I have to do some serious walking if I want to reach remote spots.

Had an email, getting mine tomorrow, Jud i'm a tenter and as I carry a disability i camp where i park. I have to cos i cant walk very far. You don't have to hump your stuff all over the place to get out camping

OurJud

Forager
Oct 31, 2008
Manchester
I guess so, Gray. I suppose it's just a case of knowing where.

I'd be really interested and grateful if you posted up your thoughts on the bag's size once you've checked it out.

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
TBH mate, you've gotten the wrong bag for walking. You are going to HAVE to spend more to it lighter and still warm. Ask for a refund matey. The bouncing bomb is a great bag for car camping, but there's a reason most squaddies buy a another bag!

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Mate, widu is right as always, looking at the pics, thats too big and heavy to go yomping with. I'm passed all that, bopping over the hills with a bergen bigger than myself. I want a warm, big, snugly bag cos I'm strictly a vehicle camper. There are places to go, look at this campcraft weekend thats posted in the meet ups bit. And yeah i'll get some measurements posted when it comes

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Its all well and good saying your fat but give us some measurments to help.
Height, chest size, then from there people who use these bags can say how there bags fit them.

I have a large arctic bag and have adequate room to shuffle around in. Im 5'10" and 18 1/2 stone with a 50"chest and 38 waist.

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Im 5"9, 36 waist, 48 chest. Just got my arctic bag, its 84 inches at its widest and 24 inches at bottom of zip, huge,loads of room it for me, not very lofty though,quite flat in fact. How can improve its loft, any ideas

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
My bag measures 21" at the foot 23"at the knee and 31"at the shoulders.
DSC_0121.jpg

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Im an idiot, its 84 cms, 33 inches at its widest haha. I tell what though the box it came in was huge, wouldn't go through front door, swmbo took it through patio, not happy lol

y8ejy7ut.jpg

Put a size 9 on the box for sizing, one good thing is the pack size 17 in tall,9 in wide

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Im 5"9, 36 waist, 48 chest. Just got my arctic bag, its 84 inches at its widest and 24 inches at bottom of zip, huge,loads of room it for me, not very lofty though,quite flat in fact. How can improve its loft, any ideas

You can buy loft restorer which is a wash in. Then drip dry until dry enough to put in a tumble dryer and you'll have a nicely lofted bag.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE