Lightweight sleeping bag for fatties

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
..then you don't have the large, then Jud! I have a large one ( :) ) and have plenty of room to run around in it.

And no-one's ever referred to me as sylphlike.........................

You do know that your not supposed to move around "in" the bag don't you? Rather if you want to roll over on your side you do so "with" the bag the same way you would roll over wearing a coat.

OurJud

Forager
Oct 31, 2008
Manchester
Okay, here it is. Just for more reference, the bag measure approx 18" across the feet and approx 2' 4" across the widest section of the shoulders.

35dc1vn.jpg

OurJud

Forager
Oct 31, 2008
Manchester
Thanks for that Andy - gives me something to arm myself with when I next contact the seller.

You sound like a man after my own heart when it comes to sleeping (spreading wings, etc, so I'm happy to trust you on this). I don't suppose you'd care to dig out yours and take the same measurements would you (feet and chest width)?

OurJud

Forager
Oct 31, 2008
Manchester
Cheers, BareThrills. You see what's worrying me is that the seller has made none of these claims about size. I'm just hoping Andy will post the measurements of his so I can compare.

I'm also hoping rik will comment on the size of the one I've received, as it was he who recommended it.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Okay, here it is. Just for more reference, the bag measure approx 18" across the feet and approx 2' 4" across the widest section of the shoulders.

35dc1vn.jpg

Not unless you pay my airfare back from Brazil! But I have a Large Mountain bag, and a 48-50 chest, and I have plenty of room in it at both shoulders and feet. THose measurements wouldn't. (I'm presuming you're measuring the outside of the bag?)

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
That's the medium size bud. I barely fit in it either. I'm 5'9" with a 47" chest- not good times in there. I have the Large version too and it's massive. Contact the seller as they've made a "mistake".

OurJud

Forager
Oct 31, 2008
Manchester
Thanks, Andy, widu. Sorry, Andy, didn't realise you and your sleeping bag were parted :)

Widu, I contacted the seller immediately and will see what he has to say for himself when he replies. Fingers crossed he admits he's sent the wrong size.

OurJud

Forager
Oct 31, 2008
Manchester
Looking at the Pic if i am not mistaken, you got it inside out.

You are mistaken, Stu :)

But guess what? You saying that caused me to check it by turning it inside out and guess what I found? I found a label, and guess what that label says? It says "Sleeping bag, Arctic. LARGE"

I'm confused now. Do you think it's possible rik linked to a bag that only looks like the one Andy and widu13 are talking about, when it fact it's not the same one at all??

OurJud

Forager
Oct 31, 2008
Manchester
Well I hope you're right, Andy.

And if someone who owns this in large could possibly post up some measurements (outside width at feet and chest) then we could settle it once and for all.

OurJud

Forager
Oct 31, 2008
Manchester
I havnt got mine yet, i hope theres no problem with mine. How did you get yours before me anyway lol :)

Emailed him and offered him another fiver to speed up postage. He refused the fiver, but said he'd do his best to speed things up (and obviously did :)) I never told you that, by the way. I don't want him inundated with requests to speed up the postage.

Also, he replied to my emails about the size and can offer no explanation as to why mine is so small, other than the possibility that it shrunk in the wash. He's said I can send it back and they'll look to see if they have a bigger one. If not he'll refund me.

I'm kind of hoping he doesn't find a bigger one, because this one weighs a ton meaning that a bigger one (and it would have to be MUCH bigger to be of any use) would be even heavier. I really don't relish carting one of these about in the hills of the LD.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE