Let it snow!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nalsheen

Forager
Apr 17, 2010
North West England
Just nipped outside to put the bins out and look!

10952976165_7724101ce5.jpg

10953206293_98014e9d65.jpg

Winter is coming :D

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Nice one..... we have had a few nights lately of sub zero degrees, tonight is another.... no snow as of yet though.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Fair enough Goatboy, I was too hasty and I apologise. It does pee me off though to see the same old cliche about northern rufty tufties and southern softies rolled out so often on this forum. And i'm not even from London or the south.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
I love the snow. In fact i think i must be daft, love the weather whatever it is. I just worry about old folks in the cold, and my Missus on the dangerous roads.
Be safe out there people.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
When I moved from my native 55 North to London in November, I went outside with my mates for cigarette I stood in shirt sleeves unphased while they had jackets and shivered.

It didn't take long for me to acclimitise and lose all my hardness to the cold.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
How long before you went all southern fairy on us mate;). Seriously though, do you think it could've been a mental thing seeing everybody else cold, trying to fit in, or am I being daft, and it was just bloody cold out there.
When I moved from my native 55 North to London in November, I went outside with my mates for cigarette I stood in shirt sleeves unphased while they had jackets and shivered.

It didn't take long for me to acclimitise and lose all my hardness to the cold.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Fair enough Goatboy, I was too hasty and I apologise. It does pee me off though to see the same old cliche about northern rufty tufties and southern softies rolled out so often on this forum. And i'm not even from London or the south.

Aye - the Welsh are tougher than any of 'em! :)
One of the incomers I work with came to work wearing 3 pairs of trackie pants, T shirt, shirt, two hoodies and a quilted jacket yet felt cold.
I was toastie warm just in a cotton shirt and trousers....
Mind you he is so skinny that if he needs an x-ray they just hold him up in front of a 60w bulb ... while they need ground penetrating radar to even see my bones!:)

I "winterised" my wife's car last night by putting a bag of road grit, a coal shovel and a small selection of "survival" kit in the boot and will be putting a bag of road grit in my van (it already has everything else as a permanent feature :) ) tonight - the roads were quite slippery yesterday morning when I went to town...

Kong

Forager
Aug 2, 2013
Somerset
It would be better for no snow and lots of lambs in fields not struggling to stay alive and for milk tanks to collect & deliver milk with out any problems
Maybe 1 day of snow on xmas day is ok for the postcard scenes and for kids to enjoy.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
How long before you went all southern fairy on us mate;). Seriously though, do you think it could've been a mental thing seeing everybody else cold, trying to fit in, or am I being daft, and it was just bloody cold out there.

Not long at all. At the time I was a wuss by native standards but now a wuss by local standards.

All the guys concerned were from the same place as me but had been in London for some time. They were shivering which I take to be a physical rather rather than mental.

Chris Caine mentioned once that when living outside it takes 2 weeks for your body to become used to the cold. Given his history I assume that to be experience rather than theorectical and I'd have to assume it works both ways (adjusting to cold or heat).

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Sorry too Treadlightly, was feeling irascible myself this AM as not sleeping, shouldn't have singled you out for a negative reply, just usually find you and I on the same wavelength.
Sorry I'll try not to be mean and no hard feelings I hope?

ATB
GB.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
No hard feelings mate. :)

Btw, snow fell in London this morning. It may have melted as soon as it hit the ground but while it was in the air it was definitely snow.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE