Less than £300k

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

darrenleroy

Nomad
Jul 15, 2007
London
I'm sorry but I live in a cramped one-bedroom flat in London with a screaming kid downstairs. Why would I want to go and live in a Canadian paradise?

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
You can buy it but I have heard that Canada is quite strict about who they will allow in to settle, so you might find that you could not live there legally. Also an artical I read a while back, by some US people that wanted to move to BC found they had to pay out several thousand dollars just to apply to live there. They moved to Montana instead.

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
You can buy it but I have heard that Canada is quite strict about who they will allow in to settle, so you might find that you could not live there legally. Also an artical I read a while back, by some US people that wanted to move to BC found they had to pay out several thousand dollars just to apply to live there. They moved to Montana instead.

sure someone on the site is canadian, they can put in 20 quid and then have the majority ownership and we can visit as guests.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
When we were looking at moving to Canada a few years ago , i spent a lot of time house drooling on MLS canada a nation wide realtor site .
whatever you have to spend you will find a house .

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=9814736&PidKey=-2074339387
http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=9728067&PidKey=-616711608
The second one is a 1/12th share ,not an outright buy.
My wifes family come from Sudbury Ontario and she has duel citizenship .
so when the kids are finnished with school we might move over for a while .

Craig................

Last edited:

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Oh bum so it does , trust me not to read the small print!

I'll just have to go look for another one .

thanks Andy,

Craig.................................

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
If your young and have a needed skill emigrating is not hard, gets harder as you get older. If you have a nice lump sum to set up a business you can get there and if you have money/pension you can retire out there with a bit of haggling; basically you need to prove that you can pay for whatever you need and won't drain Canadian resources.

I hope my son and daughter listen to dad and use their qualifications to get to NZ or Canada, the future looks bloody grim for the UK.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Hmm.. i've got early retirement looming(967 days, but who's counting ? !)& depending on the cost of living, something like this would be achievable, depends if wooflady would allow it though !.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE