leons paying it forward

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
g4ghb said:
I'll send you some ;) - drop me a pm with your addy....not sure when I will get to the post office though! ....... I'm sure i'm busy doing something the next few days! :lmao:

Hi g4 was that to me re: cartridges or to leon re: leather making stuff? :)

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
ScottC said:
Hi g4 was that to me re: cartridges or to leon re: leather making stuff? :)

oops! - sorry should have been more clear! - it was to you mate! ;)

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
my mum came back with some thread, some needles and a hole puncher with about 10 different sizes, it can punch through leather plastic ect, i am starting my pouch now
leon

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
good ol Mum! :D

Unless the punch is v small you are probably still better of with a awl for the stitch holes but will sounds just the job for the 'thong' holes at the top ;)

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes it goes from fairly small to fairly big and is a revolving leather punch, i have done all the holes with it already and i will begin sewing in a little while, how much times should i sew it ?
leon

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
one double row should be fine - like this?....... ( a poor diagram but hopefully you understand)

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i have done one then tyed it and started again, i am going to do this twice?
i think i am going to have trouble turning it right side out though
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
well i turned it right side out and what a mess it looks, i used some old leather that i had lying about, i think next time i will use your leather, i need to get some better thread
leon

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
can you explain why / how it looks a mess? - that way we may be able to work out what to concentrate on to improve things.

depending on the size of your first pouch you could create more seams, making it smaller - that way you can improve your technique without wasting any more leather

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i spoke to singtech and he said that i should use more stiches per inch, the thread is nylon monofilement and apparently not flexible enough, i have started a new pouch which doesnt involve any stiching and is held together with some old brown shoe laces
i will post pics later
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i got about 6 more cartridges today so if any body wants any, i would like knife making parts in return if anybody has any. but you can have these for free if you want
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i would like to trade for some flint so i can start basic knapping, i have a variety of stuff to trade just name what you want and i will see if i have it
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Leon,

Quality knapping flint I can send you for free. I have huge pieces (half a metre across). Trouble is the postage would be HUGE. I don't know what a large flint nodule weighs...20lbs? More? Think like 4 house bricks size but much heavier....

If you and your dad ever get down here I'll save you some good bits - but you don't want too many - five or six weigh more than you do!

Red

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Tell you what - I could flake you off some arrow head sized bits that shouldn't hurt me too much to post (I have to split some for someone else) - would that be any use?

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes please red but im also looking for some smaller bits to keep me busy in the mean time
leon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE