Lee Wright Please answer your PMs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
It's beyond me too:confused:

The scouts have contacted his leader and are going to let me know what the outcome is next week.

If there is nothing that they can do them it's police time:(

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I do hope there is a genuine reason for the Delay...

...But if it walks like a Duck , Talks like a Duck , Swims like a Duck , I don't need it to be s####g on MY foot to have all the conclusive evidence to formulate serious thoughts that it actually IS a duck..

This is why payment as 'gift' has been banned on any British Blades classifieds threads. It's OK when you 100% know and trust the person you are paying, but as we can see in this case, it is open for the dishonest to take advantage. I have stopped using this gift option and pay the fees myself. Much more secure if situations like this arise. Sorry to see this happen here Grebby.

actually i believe its because Paypal changed the rules to make it a breach of rules if you asked for a gift payment for what is a sale
BB back this even applys to GBs etc even if the item is only pennies

ATB

Duncan

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
possibly but I have just finished a sheath that I have made for him in a trade we did AGES ago and he hasn't chased me once....... rubs both ways I guess. ;)

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
possibly but I have just finished a sheath that I have made for him in a trade we did AGES ago and he hasn't chased me once....... rubs both ways I guess. ;)

Making a sheath is one thing... Posting a kettle another.

Besides if he had asked you what was happening I'm sure you would have responded.

WolfCub

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Bucks
He was moving on various bits of old Scout kit in various threads.

Possibly, pure guess, he put up some items without permision of Section Leaders or Group Q.M.
What he saw as clutter actualy had an occasional use for someone ?

..... embarasing if so.

Still not acceptable reason for no communication even if it was the case.

Glad you seem to have got it sorted.

Suffolksteve

Forager
May 24, 2010
Suffolk
The kettle arrived in the post today.
It is currently being descaled.

Glad it has arrived and he did come through in the end. Obviously without him saying what has caused the delay it's hard to say and easy to moan at/about him but maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt especially given g4ghb's comment about him not chasing the sheath, sounds more like something very distracting has happened.

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
I don't mind that it took a month and a half to actually post the kettle.

A message saying "sorry I haven't got round to posting it" would have been nice though. Or a response to all the PMs I sent him:rolleyes:

I can only assume that something drastic happened in his life and this ceased to matter. An explaination wouyld have helped though.

Cheers

Grebby

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
i have to agree with you Grebby, 2 minutes to bang off a quick PM would have saved all the hassle. just plain rude and unthinking not to IMHO

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE