Lee Wright Please answer your PMs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
I have PM'ed you a number of times about the Kettle that you are sending me. Please respond!

I sent payment to the paypal address you gave on the 31st of May but have yet to recieve anything.

Cheers

Grebby

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
Your profile shows that you were online 15mins ago.

Please contact me about the kettle!

If you haven't contacted me within 2 days I will be forced to try and cancel the paypal payment and report this to the mods.

Grebby

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
Lee,

I'm running out of patience. If you haven't contacted me or the kettle doesn't arrive by next thursday (the 7th) then I will be disputing the payment via paypal and letting the mods know the situation. I do still want the kettle and I would rather get it from you as the money is going to a good cause BUT I have a limited time to dispute payment with paypal and that limit is approaching.

If you see this and still want to sell me the kettle we can start over again.

I'm PMing this to you and posting in the thread in Kit Chatter as well.

Grebby

p.s. If anyone has a way of contacting Lee and bringing this to his attention I would be very grateful.

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
I have now tried to dispute the payment via paypal. They say that as it was a "Gift" (as requested by
Lee) it can't be disputed. I will be taking this up with them as it was at your request that it was sent as a "gift".

Lee please contact me and return my £20.

I have posted this in both threads, PMed you and sent to your paypal email address.

Grebby

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Paypal as a gift is a bad idea,I generally ask for people to pay the fees or send as a gift,but then, I send out the stuff I sell.

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
No I know about the "gift" problem I may have more reservations about doing so. That said every other trade/purchase I've done on here has gone fine.

If anyone has any contact infp for Lee I would obviously be interested.

Ged - I don't suppose that you can remember which scout hut you went to?

Cheers

Grebby

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
This is why payment as 'gift' has been banned on any British Blades classifieds threads. It's OK when you 100% know and trust the person you are paying, but as we can see in this case, it is open for the dishonest to take advantage. I have stopped using this gift option and pay the fees myself. Much more secure if situations like this arise. Sorry to see this happen here Grebby.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I have now tried to dispute the payment via paypal. They say that as it was a "Gift" (as requested by
Lee) it can't be disputed. I will be taking this up with them as it was at your request that it was sent as a "gift".

Lee please contact me and return my £20.

I have posted this in both threads, PMed you and sent to your paypal email address.

Grebby

you wont get anywhere - as far as they are concerned 'gift' is just that

I would suggest you contact citizens advice re distance selling laws or if the price was sufficient seek legal help

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i always give to the two options, but all my customers are happy and if there was ever a problem, there would be a full refund sent instantly, but there are always people that have to take advantage, it makes my blood boil. i ask to be sent as gift because it kills me for either me or my customer to have to pay those robbing buggers, i do it as it saves them a few quid, but people like this, make people want to spend the extra, which i think is a big rip of where paypal is concerned.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
hope you get it sorted mate, what goes around comes around, one day the same will happen to him, i'm willing to put money on it, life has a mysterious way of doing that to people who conduct them selves in that mannor.

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
I'm currently talking to the county scouts about him and they are trying to get hold of him for me.

They obviously don't like having anyone associated with the organisation doing this sort of thing.

If nothing comes of this, then I suppose that all the PM's that I have will have to be sent to the police as it's theft.

I don't really want it to come to that though:(

Cheers

Grebby

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Was 'Lee Wright' this guys forum name ?? if not what was it??? I'd like to know so not get 'stung'...

Shame.
Sorry to hear it happens on this Forum.

Suffolksteve

Forager
May 24, 2010
Suffolk
Wondered the same thing. There is a Lee Wright username on this site.

I believe it is

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/member.php?u=13013

Is his profile page.

I must say this is out right wrong and disappointing, makes you feel like people can't be trusted and as from a new ish member of the forum is galling. How and why should people trust people like me in trades and gift it ons if this is how other newish members behave.

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
I believe it is

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/member.php?u=13013

Is his profile page.

I must say this is out right wrong and disappointing, makes you feel like people can't be trusted and as from a new ish member of the forum is galling. How and why should people trust people like me in trades and gift it ons if this is how other newish members behave.

Yes, Lee Wright, is his forum name. He hasn't been on for a while and, much as this sounds daft, I don't think that it is a diliberate rip-off. That said the County Scouts Office are currently trying quite hard to contact him for me and if they can't do so directly the Leader of his scout group should get the message across LOUD AND CLEAR when (s)he next sees him. I don't think that they are at all impressed.

Hopefully this all has a genuine reason and will be sorted ASAP, otherwise I may be taking Ged up on his very kind offer.

Thanks

Grebby

mrmike

Sep 22, 2010
Hexham, Northumberland
I'm currently talking to the county scouts about him and they are trying to get hold of him for me.

They obviously don't like having anyone associated with the organisation doing this sort of thing.

If nothing comes of this, then I suppose that all the PM's that I have will have to be sent to the police as it's theft.

I don't really want it to come to that though:(

Cheers

Grebby

I believe that if you print all of the communications with this person (pm's, posts, emails) and then go see your local police to make a complaint of fraud or obtaining goods/money/services by deception, then they should take details and perhaps go and see this person....

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I believe that if you print all of the communications with this person (pm's, posts, emails) and then go see your local police to make a complaint of fraud or obtaining goods/money/services by deception, then they should take details and perhaps go and see this person....

They will. A similar thing happened to me and the police took it very seriously. They have a whole department within each station devoted to this kind of thing.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I do so hope this matter is resolved and there is a valid reason for LW's lack of communication &/ refund, because it is absolutely beyond me why anyone would subject themself to the aggro & abuse, loss of faith & loss of face that will come their way for the sake of a measly twenty quid.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE