LED Lenser P7

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brown Bear

Forager
May 12, 2009
Cambridge
I've been wanting one of these amazing torches ever since I got lost trying to navigate back to a campsite cross-country from a pub in Edale once. I stumbled across a deal in a Cotswold Outdoor shop today and bought it.

Boy is it bright! I mean really bright! Forget those maglights and tesco cree torches. This is the muts nuts. As you can see, I'm rather impressed. The build quality is very good and the one handed focus feature is great.

Brown Bear

Forager
May 12, 2009
Cambridge
I tried my new P7 out last night while sorting the recycling for collection. It was illuminating neighbours houses 100m away. It throws a beam like a car headlight.

I was always a petzl headtorch fan, but I think with this P7 on a short lanyard around my neck, night time camp business should be well illuminated. The beam can go very wide to illuminate a wide area of floor.

leon-1

Yeah, I have been playing with the L7 for the last 4 - 5 weeks and it's very good. Twist focus is a down side as I do like the slide focus on some of the other LED Lenser torches, but so far the battery life, battery type and the power that they throw makes them a bargain. The L7 inclusive of delivery cost somewhere in the region of £24 and are not to be sneezed at.:)

Sep 21, 2009
Ireland
Hi Lads ( + lasses ) ,
the Led Lenser P7 is definately money well spent , outshines Surefire and most certainly the good old reliable maglite ( good in its day , but hasn't moved on since ) .
The P7 has 3 light settings , 1st very bright , 2nd mid/inspection bright and a quick push of the tail button it will go from mid to extremely bright . Like the surefire torches the light button is located in the tail of the torch .
The P7 uses bog standard alkaline AAA batteries ( available in any decent corner shop ) , not the expensive lithium batteries used in surefire torches .
Also AAA batteries last longer than Lithium and for the same amount of light ( lumens ) .
The Led Lenser range of torches use a light chip rather than a bulb , so obviously no bulb to replace and also better light beam , no dark spot in the middle that you get with a maglite type bulb .
Also check out the Led Lenser X21 ( 4 D-cell maglite on steroids ) , awesome light power from it , put it on your list to santa !

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Yeah, I have been playing with the L7 for the last 4 - 5 weeks and it's very good. Twist focus is a down side as I do like the slide focus on some of the other LED Lenser torches, but so far the battery life, battery type and the power that they throw makes them a bargain. The L7 inclusive of delivery cost somewhere in the region of £24 and are not to be sneezed at.:)

googling Led Lenser P7 and T7 is only bringing up £45+ so I must be looking in the wrong places any recomendations
cheers Danny

Warrigal

Nov 11, 2006
Brisbane Australia
Yes the ledlensers are great, and if you get a chance to play with the x21 just don't point it a any satellites as damage to them may result.
We sell both Led lenser and Surefire and we do see (percentage wise) more Ledlensers come back with impact damage ( dropped) and more duds out of the box ( don't work properly when opened. Mainly the multi coloured tac and the p14's) Never had a Surefire back for impact damage. For most people that isn't an issue because they don't use their torch that hard but if it absolutely positively must work all the time I'll stick with my Surefire.
Carl

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
i have one of these and you simply cant fault it, the build quality is spot on, the beam is brilliant and very bright. its been used frequently since i got it in january and the beam is still as strong as ever on the same set of batteries.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I have a P3 & P6 (Ithink) both are superb!
I have used them thru much of the year, the P6 runs on two AA's and is a really good EDC, throwing superb power and even making a really good bike light.
The P3 runs on one AAA, weighs far less than most head torches and has a superb light throw (as well a battery life of 40 hours), the focus system really works. For what we do as bushcrafters it is more than enough (and all from one AAA battery!) It is light, powerfull and if the battery is charged from a small solar charging unit, it costs nothing to run!!
A good argument I think!!!!!
Neil

Rumcajs

Forager
Nov 13, 2009
Kielce, PL
www.jbohac.net
I wouldn't say £50 is a lot for something that last you for a very long time.
Like I said before I have Police Tech which I used and abused and after 2 years it’s still working with no problems whatsoever. If P7 is build to the same standards I wouldn’t hesitate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE