Mag-lite LED XL100

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 16, 2011
Perth
Ok I just got the Mag-lite LED XL100 and though id throw up I quick review.

First thoughts wow!

The XL100 is a nice size, just a little bigger than my fist so fits in the pocket quite nicely. It takes 3 AAA batteries which is held in a little capsule thing(don’t know what its called). I like the fact it takes AAA’s because its what my PMR takes. Anyway!

The LED is super bright I’m very impressed it is much brighter than any of the mag-lites I have had in the past and also among other things has the option to dim with the motion sensor tech.

The XL100 has five modes: Dim, strobe, night light, signal and SOS which are all activated by motion. It’s a bit tricky to get the hang of but well worth it. The night light is more of a novelty than anything else but again really quite cool its basically dims the light when the torch is still and as soon as it is disturbed it becomes bright again. I don’t think I need to explain the rest of the features but all very cool. To top it all off is as a locking feature to activate you just point the like up push the button and rotate it down by far my favorite features as I always to forget to take the batteries out of my torch when I put it in my bag.

Not the best review but ah well if you are looking for a new small very bright torch id say go with this one its excellent

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Seems a bit gimmicky, especially the signal feature (which seems more difficult than just using the button for Morse code) but fairly cool.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE