LED Lanterns

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ranger

Forager
Nov 3, 2003
South East
For camping with the kids I’m after a light or lantern (not of the naked flame variety) that is reasonably energy efficient and which gives off a decent amount of light. My youngest of 2 is not that keen on the dark so it would likely be left on most of night. The best I’ve managed to find so far is this Lazerbrite LED Lantern:

http://outdoorsuppliesuk.com/12ledlantern/ledlantern.html

which is claimed has a 12 day burn time on the lowest setting. Do any of you have experience of this or know of anything better?

Thanks
ranger

ranger

Forager
Nov 3, 2003
South East
Thanks, I had a look at that but discounted it as the light output is not as bright. I have a Krill light stick already which my daughter does not find gives her enough comfort, I want to make sure this time!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
How about some of the solar powered gardenlights? They'll last long enough to let the little one get to sleep and they only cost £5 or £6. I've been very surprised by just how much light mine give off. They're popping up on campsites allover just now...seems to be a great way to find your way back to your tent after the pub...
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE