Leaving the forum.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paul hardwick

Oct 20, 2020
ripley, Derbyshire
I am a friend of Andy's and when he tries to log on to get addresses of his PM's he cannot as it comes up as he is banned, he is very concerned as he has sold some items and cannot get the postal details.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Weird

Are you geting hasseled in PM's? Havn't seen you post outside the classifieds for quite some time?

Either way there is always the ignore button mate :)

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
I think it's a shame when members are faced with this dilemna, especially members that have been on here for years, but there is a lot of sniping goes on here, as well as most forums, and I suppose it is the right of any member to simply say I have had enough.
I wish Andy well, and hope he gets over his health problems, I have had a few dealings with Andy over the years and these have been carried out without any problems, I always thought him to be an asset to the forum, and he will be greatly missed.

Reactions: Dogoak and Robbi

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I am a friend of Andy's and when he tries to log on to get addresses of his PM's he cannot as it comes up as he is banned, he is very concerned as he has sold some items and cannot get the postal details.

A dilemma if someone has paid and can't get their stuff.

I have reinstated Andy for a few days so that he can get the lose ends tied up, he should be able to login and get a message from me explaining that.

Reactions: Mark Baigent

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
We very rarely share some of what goes on with members but I feel teh need in this case as some members may be caught out by the situation.
I received this email last night from Andy in regards to me reinstating his membership on the forums so that he could make sure everyone received what they had bought of for him.

No need for that Tony.

I’ve left and due to the inadequacy on your forum by your pathetic excuse as moderators you best take me to court.

As mentioned I’m not well, and don’t suffer hiporcarcy, you said I could pay my subs via bank transfer and then your moderators said I can’t use bank transfer.

Jog on mate.

Andy.

So that everyone is clear on this. Andy has in the past received goods from people and not paid, he has ignored people that have been chasing him for items that needed returning or payments that needed making.
I helped him back onto the forums when he seemed to be struggling with his account and thought it would be a new start, particularly considering his health problems of recent years.

He wanted a full membership and promised to pay his subscription last wednesday, he said he could not pay using PayPal and could only use a bank transfer, I accommodated and set up his account straight away so that he could get on with being on the forums again. He did not pay.

He then threw his toys out the pram, slagged off mods and other members, cried foul about his mistreatment hammered home what sales he could and left in a strop and then got caught out when the mods had had enough and banned him.
Then he needs to come back on the forums and get info because he owes people items that he's sold, he rebuffs that and says take him to court.

So, if there are any of you that have paid for items from Andy Plant and do not receive them, or have not been able to give your addresses to him etc, get in touch with me and I will provide what info I can, if anyone feels like they need to contact the police I can obviously provide a lot more info to them if required.

Due to that fact that he's acted like this before I apologise he's been able to do it again, although I did not initiate him returning I encouraged him back into activity on the forums.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
No, there's a few, and I expect that sometimes that can be applied to me as well, as it can to many people.

But there's a difference between mistakes, a strop now and then and someone that is unapologetically aggressive, condescending, disparaging and is dishonest etc etc. Some people are all these things, some are one or some of these things and others to boot, but often, those that are out of order apologise and move on, we make allowances for people having hard times, we even make allowances for the time or year and the weather because we know people are going to get more cranky, but generally things settle down fine.
Every now and then though someone just piles it on until too much bad stuff has accumulated and action is taken.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
So the only p***k here is Andy and no-on else on the forum?

Nope, there are a few others along with a minority who seem to think a high post count and/or high like count makes them an authority on everything, of course they purport to have done it bigger and better themselves, but when challenged cannot back up their claims.

Thankfully we dont have to see these eejits too often as the ignore function on here, since the software was upgraded, works really well and you can filter them out.

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I don’t remember him being any trouble on BB, but maybe I’m thinking of a different Andy. That’s downright rude. I wonder how much is owed in all? And it’s a significant amount could the parties involved get together and claim the combined amount in Small Claims?

paul hardwick

Oct 20, 2020
ripley, Derbyshire
I know Andy well and his main complaint is that he was able to join via a £15 BT to the owner of the site, and explained he did not have a paypal account, then he is banned for only being able to take payments via BT.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I don’t remember him being any trouble on BB, but maybe I’m thinking of a different Andy. That’s downright rude. I wonder how much is owed in all? And it’s a significant amount could the parties involved get together and claim the combined amount in Small Claims?

I've no idea how many or if there are more than the two that have spoken to me previously, I know that GrahamS was owed for the sheath and he brought it up in one of the sales threads that Andy started. I'm not saying Andy was always a pain, but things add up a little bit and then this last strop was a bit much.

I know Andy well and his main complaint is that he was able to join via a £15 BT to the owner of the site, and explained he did not have a paypal account, then he is banned for only being able to take payments via BT.

Andy may well have told you that he paid money for his full membership but I can assure you, because I have just checked and double checked again, that he has not paid any money for his subscription. The exact statement from him was this:
"Also if you remember I don’t use PayPal so wondered if you can reinstate my full membership status and I’ll forward you direct the funds via bank transfer, I can do that until the 28th of this month."

I can see that he might be frustrated if he thought that because he said he'd pay via BT and couldn't take money via the same means (there's a number of subscribers that pay via BT because they don't have PayPal, their sole intention is not to use the forums to sell though so it's not an issue), however he was not banned for that, if he had communicated that in a respectful way, we'd have resolved the issue, no problem. He was banned because he's rude and ignorant, calling people stupid and he knows best, "take that from a PHD" That ended up being the final thing that banned him.

Then when I endeavoured to make sure that he could honour sales commitments he rebuffs with further rudeness. It's rudeness in my forum when I was nothing but helpful and accommodating and the mods where doing their jobs. It's interesting that he didn't contact me via email like we'd been doing while I helped him out, maybe this could have all been avoided.

Anyway, it's done now, I hope that Andy recoverers as best possible from his health issues and he has a great life and he finds a forum to call home if that's what he's looking for.

Reactions: Dogoak and Nice65
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE